Windows 10: computer cannot load OS

Discus and support computer cannot load OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC must have issues with HD and cannot load the OS anymore win10, neither do a system restore. I do not have a system image recovery media, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guz60, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Guz60 Win User

computer cannot load OS

PC must have issues with HD and cannot load the OS anymore win10, neither do a system restore.
    I do not have a system image recovery media, and it cannot fix itself by any of the available options.

this started happening some 1 week ago and none of the options are working anymore.

:)

Guz60, Jun 18, 2020

2. Software via the Internet: Microsoft in ‘Cloud’ Computing

well ... how i see it its one step closer to having a computer with no software on it. when you boot it up, it loads ur OS from the internet ...

pirates look out, argh!

[I.R.A]_FBi, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jun 18, 2020
  4. computer cannot load OS

Windows 10 loading, Asking to choose OS.

Hi Luke,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

From what you have described, it looks like there are two operating system installed in the computer.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click on "boot" tab. You will see the list of operating systems installed.

4. Click on the preferred Operating system and set it as default. (For example Windows 10)

5. Change the timer to 3 seconds. (3 seconds is the minimum timeframe you can set)

6. Click "Ok" and restart the computer to check.

The steps above will allow you to set the preferred default operating system to load automatically when you load the computer.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

computer cannot load OS

1. computer cannot load OS - Similar Threads - computer cannot load

2. OS not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS not loading: My win 10 OS will not start. Sometimes I just see a spinning circle. Other times a message appears saying "unknown file system" and then wants to run "Grub".Grub, to my knowledge, is a linux thing. At one time, linux may have been on the hard drive. However, when I installed...
  3. OS not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS not loading: My win 10 OS will not start. Sometimes I just see a spinning circle. Other times a message appears saying "unknown file system" and then wants to run "Grub".Grub, to my knowledge, is a linux thing. At one time, linux may have been on the hard drive. However, when I installed...
  4. OS not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer will not load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    computer will not load: will not load does nothing says did not shut down cleanly and failed to read Megadata! Will not accept anything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-load/a80da21a-cb98-41a2-8909-f358296bf66b
  6. Loading windows 10 pro on a refurbished computer that came with no OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading windows 10 pro on a refurbished computer that came with no OS: I bought this computer from refurbish company and didn't come with a windows 10 is there another way to load other than purchaseing one like down load from Microsoft on to a usb on my computer then loading it into my dell computer laptop * Moved from IE10/other *...
  7. Formated drive and no OS will Load

Formated drive and no OS will Load: I formatted my laptop and now cannot load any OS, I can open the the BIOS to set the Boot option. There are no files at all on the hard drive. there is an error message 0xc00000f showing after I run recovery. Have tried running my Win 10 creation tool but will not load....
  8. Laptop won't load OS.

Laptop won't load OS.: I have a Dell Latitude E6410 with windows 10 loaded on it. I don't know the history of the laptop as it was just given to me a couple months ago. I didn't have problems with it when I first got it, up until 2 weeks ago. It just started going slow, and freezes a couple of...
  9. Cannot upload dump-OS will not load. Getting BSOD during install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot upload dump-OS will not load. Getting BSOD during install: Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me. Building a new PC (not my first one) and I am having major issues. Specs: New MSI B250 gaming M3 motherboard MB Bios ver 7A62v36 New Intel I7-6700 CPU New case New 2x8 Pacific Sun (Micron) RAM I would upload a dump file if it were...
  10. No such interface - causing Window OS cannot load

in Windows 10 Support
    No such interface - causing Window OS cannot load: Hi all, I just encountered a problem with my Window 10 ealier on. I just started up my computer, just like normal days. It pop up that my the directory, wacom tablet; no such interface found. I click on OK and thereafter, nothing going on. I rebooted my...