Windows 10: computer can't detect second monitor

Discus and support computer can't detect second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently restored my system from a recovery usb stick. I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux. When I use Linux, my computer can use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andy_011, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Andy_011 Win User

computer can't detect second monitor

I recently restored my system from a recovery usb stick. I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux. When I use Linux, my computer can use the second monitor just fine, so the monitor itself works. When I go to Display and click Detect, it says "Didn't detect another display." When I go to Device Manager and click Monitors, there is only one monitor there. I have tried updating my NVIDIA driver, and uninstalling/reinstalling it. I have been using Windows Update to make sure my computer is up to date. When I try to search for solutions, I feel that at this point most of what comes up is eith

:)

Andy_011, Jun 11, 2021

2. Computer not detecting the second monitor

Hello,

I have a Dell all in one desktop model- Inspiron 24 Model 3459, however, it is not detecting my second monitor. I have attempted to detect automatically as well as manually, updated the driver, uninstalled
    and reinstalled the driver. However, my computer is still not detecting the second monitor. Please help!!!

JuliePleng, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 11, 2021
  4. computer can't detect second monitor

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

computer can't detect second monitor

1. computer can't detect second monitor - Similar Threads - computer can't detect

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  5. Can't detect a second monitor

Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  6. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  7. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows can't detect a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't detect a second monitor.: Please help me before I lose my mind. I recently took out a screen from my old laptop, got the control board for it and decided to make it a 2nd monitor. As my graphics card only has 1 HMDI output that I use for my main monitor, this second monitor is connected by HDMI (on...
  9. Computer not detecting the second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer not detecting the second monitor: Hello, I have a Dell all in one desktop model- Inspiron 24 Model 3459, however, it is not detecting my second monitor. I have attempted to detect automatically as well as manually, updated the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. However, my computer is still...
  10. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...