Windows 10: computer changed after downloading windows update

Discus and support computer changed after downloading windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After I downloaded the latest update, my favorite pane got smaller. I use Microsoft edge, windows 10. Is there a way to make it bigger? Maybe even a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeee, Nov 21, 2020.

1. mikeee Win User

computer changed after downloading windows update

After I downloaded the latest update, my favorite pane got smaller. I use Microsoft edge, windows 10. Is there a way to make it bigger? Maybe even a way to make the font in the pane smaller without affecting the font for the rest of the pc. Also is there a way to stop the new tab of of edge starting on my computer when I have something else as my home page? I have gone to startup in settings and have what I want checked, but sometimes it starts with the MSN edge page.

:)

mikeee, Nov 21, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Nov 21, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 21, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. computer changed after downloading windows update - Similar Threads - computer changed downloading

2. Can't turn on my computer after downloading a windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on my computer after downloading a windows update.: When I downloaded the early access thing update in the "Windows update settings" to be more specific, I think I had to turn on something or click before I could download it When it was 7 or 10% my computer suddenly shuts off and won't turn on anymore. But another thing I...
  3. Can't turn on my computer after downloading a windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on my computer after downloading a windows update.: When I downloaded the early access thing update in the "Windows update settings" to be more specific, I think I had to turn on something or click before I could download it When it was 7 or 10% my computer suddenly shuts off and won't turn on anymore. But another thing I...
  4. Computer will not download clean windows after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not download clean windows after recent update: Hello, I made a Pc build not even a month ago and i was using it with windows 10 perfectly fine up until January 7th where i had updated my windows to the latest version and then after that my computer kept getting stop errors and crashes. I tried to do a clean reboot and...
  5. computer changed after downloading windows update

in Browsers and Email
    computer changed after downloading windows update: After I downloaded the latest update, my favorite pane got smaller. I use Microsoft edge, windows 10. Is there a way to make it bigger? Maybe even a way to make the font in the pane smaller without affecting the font for the rest of the pc. Also is there a way to stop the new...
  6. Windows changes logon password to computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows changes logon password to computer after update: On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to restart in safe mode, but it still doesn't recognize the password. I have tried to uninstall the latest update and when it asks...
  7. Slow Computer after downloading Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Computer after downloading Windows 10 Update: My husband and I have downloaded the latest update for Windows 10. Since then both of our computers are running extremely slowly. As an example, it took 5 minutes for a Word document to download today. I have another laptop which is running Windows 10, but I have not...
  8. Windows reactivation after computer change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reactivation after computer change: Hi all! I searched trough existing threads for help but without success, so I'm opening new one. I have a Win 10 digital license that I picked up a few years ago when MS gave a free upgrade from 7 to 10. This license is properly linked to my Microsoft account on my old PC....
  9. change windows update downloads and installations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change windows update downloads and installations: My Windows 10 starts downloading and installing updates right after I start my computer. It slows down performance to unbearable. When I look at Task Manager Disc is always taken 100% by System treads. Is there a way to schedule downloads and installs at another time? Or...
  10. Changes after codec download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changes after codec download.: I had a video file that wouldn't play on Windows Media Player, but played on VLC. I downloaded a codec but afterwards, thumbnails disappeared for other video files, and I find it really annoying! Does anyone know if there is a way to change things back?...