Windows 10: Computer changed programs

Discus and support Computer changed programs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer has always opened with Windows as I wanted. It updated itself and now opens with Microsoft edge. I don't like it but ? how to change back.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertaFishbach, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Computer changed programs

My computer has always opened with Windows as I wanted. It updated itself and now opens with Microsoft edge. I don't like it but ? how to change back.

:)

RobertaFishbach, Aug 10, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Computer changed programs

Windows 10: computer keeps tabbing out of currently used program

Hi Sheyshen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows 10 computer to its latest update?
    • Have you tried to turn off the Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows
      in the Notification & Actions Settings of your Windows 10 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

If you are not able to turn off that in the Notification & Actions Settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Notifications & Actions.
    • Deselect the option Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Restart your computer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Computer changed programs

1. Computer changed programs - Similar Threads - Computer changed programs

2. Changing the resolution of a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the resolution of a program: So is there any way to change the resolution of a program before startup? My monitor is 1360x768 and when I run the program it says out of range and alt+enter doesnt work. So can you tell me a solution or a program to help me? submitted by /u/TheMathKing55 [link]...
  3. Cannot change default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change default program: Hi All, I'll start this thread apparently for the umpteenth time, but none of the forum posts (and not just this forum's) I've read provided with a fix to this one. My Windows version number is 10.0.17763. I have a few Adobe CC 2020 programs installed (yes, with a genuine,...
  4. Programs on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs on my computer: What is the app, "Speech Mode Download Executable"? Is it safe to run on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-on-my-computer/b521686a-e7b3-4642-af17-a6529ce5600d
  5. Are there programs that make computer programming easier?

Are there programs that make computer programming easier?: For example, I'm fairly skilled at writing formulas in Excel and also using Macro Express, but I'm not currently so good at writing code from scratch. Are there programs that would allow me to make programs without having to know the detailed structure of every programming...
  6. Windows 10 computer won't allow change of default program for .XML

Windows 10 computer won't allow change of default program for .XML: Hi there, Currently, as per the title, it appears to be impossible to change the .xml extension to open with Microsoft Excel 2016, instead defaulting to Office XML Handler and disallowing any apparent method for changing it. Computer is Windows 10, 64xbit OS, 8GB RAM. The...
  7. Change default program

Change default program: I just got a new computer. I always use Paint Shop Pro for my pictures. But I can't get Windows to open all pictures in it. I always have to go more steps. And even if I say to use Paint Shop as program - for sure next time I open a picture I get Windows photo app. Any idea...
  8. Unable to change default program

Unable to change default program: I'm unable to change my wmv file player or the program that I use to open zip files. I'm wanting to change them to media player classic and 7zip, but nothing happens upon switching their default program. For wmv files, I use choose another app, check to always use media...
  9. Change default program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program: Hi I have both OneNote2010 and OneNote2016 installed (because you must the whole 2016-office suite) but I just use the 2010 version After the last Windows update default program for (.one) has changed back to 2016 And I cant find the 2010 version to add How can you...
  10. Default Program won't change?

Default Program won't change?: I am trying to set my default programs in windows 10 but it is having none of it. It just sticks on the grey square with "Choose a default". If I reset it goes back to edge, I then try and click Chrome and it is still edge. If I refresh the page it is back to the "Choose a...