Windows 10: Computer clock shows wrong time

Discus and support Computer clock shows wrong time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barb (gmail.com, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Computer clock shows wrong time

I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix this? It is critical for me. I m not allowed into a new business I am joining because my clock says wrong time.

:)

barb (gmail.com, Sep 26, 2018
  2. SiSig_ Win User

Clock displays wrong time

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.

SiSig_, Sep 26, 2018
  3. pepi74 Win User
    GPU-Z is showing the wrong clocks

Last GPUZ that show correct clocks on my GT 240 was 0.3.9. I suggest you try it, and find if it is your case also *Smile Computer clock shows wrong time :)

0.40, 0.4.1 and 0.4.2 report wrong clock for shaders.

pepi74, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Computer clock shows wrong time

Wrong Time on Windows Clock

Hi,
    My notebook is running under Windows 10 and its clock was doing the automatic update well so far. However, few days ago it starts to show up the wrong time as it shows it 1 hour behind, for instance: Now is 11:45 AM but the Windows Clock is showing 10:45
    AM.
    I am in Brazil (Brasilia = GMT - 3) and the clock is automatic set.
    Here is the set ups on Control Panel/Settings/Data & Time/Internet Time tab/Change Settings
    The combo box is listing these servers:
    time.windows.com (this is the current set up)

time.nist.gov

time.a-nist.gov

time.b-nist.gov
    The check box "sincronizing with internet hour" set is selected
    And here is the set ups on Control Panel/Settings/Data & Time/Additional Clocks
    There is only one: ( x ) show this clock, UTC-3 Brasilia.
    I just browse on "Ask the Community" and there I found some tips to set up it manually, but I always prefer the automatic way.

Am I using the right settings?

All above listed server are ok? Should I select any other than time.windows.com?

What else should I do so that the time will run the update all right from now on?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Adauto Lima

Adautoplus, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Computer clock shows wrong time

1. Computer clock shows wrong time - Similar Threads - Computer clock shows

2. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  3. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  4. Computer showing the wrong time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer showing the wrong time: I've looked around google a bit and my settings and still have no answer to my problem. For some reason, my time is 7pm right now pacific standard time. It says that everywhere in my house and on google. But, my computer says its 10pm pacific standard time. Meaning it's 3...
  5. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  6. time on the computer, is wrong

time on the computer, is wrong: I'm at the library and the moment. The time on this computer is wrong. How is this possible. I wonder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-on-the-computer-is-wrong/697424d3-373b-4443-bf80-ba169e10a7c9
  7. Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong: My clock on Windows is always wrong (e.g. Shows 11 instead of 12). Set time automatically is ON, the time zone is set to a correct one, the Internet Time Setting Server is set to time.windows.com (when I click Update Now, it updates it wrong.....any guesses? submitted by...
  8. Windows Alarm Clock - Wrong Time Zone default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Alarm Clock - Wrong Time Zone default: When I ask Cortana to set alarm for 4 hours it sets the alarm for an hour. Basically it sets alarm as if I were in PST vs EST which I am in. This isn't the first time I've had this issue and I can't fix it myself. Occasionally it works correctly after an update, but I...
  9. Wrong time in additional clock Windows 10

Wrong time in additional clock Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit The additional clock added via 'Date and Time' is wrong. However the 'Alarm and Clock' shows correct time. Added additional clock for Austin (UTC-5) and UTC. 'Alarm and Clock' displays UTC-5 time 'Date and Time' displays UTC-4 time Please check the...
  10. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot: Having an issue when rebooting LINX tablets where the clock will revert to an hour behind or sometimes further. Have tried numerous ways of changing the time to correct which it does, but when you restart the tablet, it always goes back to the wrong time. This happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the clock on my computer

2. how to change clock on my computer

3. how to change clobk on a compwter

4. time and date wrong on asus laptop windows,
  5. hiow to change the clock on my computer,
  6. how do you change time on laptop,
  7. asus date and time incorrect,
  8. change local clock windows