Windows 10: Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Discus and support Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've owned a gaming pc for a little over a year now ill have the specs below, and since the previous windows update I think I installed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by neek41, Sep 15, 2020.

1. neek41 Win User

Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Hi everyone, I've owned a gaming pc for a little over a year now ill have the specs below, and since the previous windows update I think I installed it on 9/5, my computer once or twice a day so far freezes up until I have to hold the power button down to turn it off. Either I would notice because my game would freeze, or my clock on the bottom right would freeze. I'm able to move my mouse around and hover over the taskbar including the clock, but it would slowly become more unresponsive to my clicks and my mouse hovering over until my computer completely freezes up. I've been able to catch it in time to reset it through ctrl+alt+delete without having to restart it, but this happens at least a few times a day since I first experienced a crash around 9/8 i believe.

Here are my specs:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti MSI VENTUS XS 6G OC

Intel 660p 1TB SSD

16 GB of RAM

I have performed a sfc /scannow and a memory test with no issues found. I've updated my GPU drivers to the latest one and the freezing still occurred. After I did some digging and help with troubleshooting from other guides I'm not super tech saavy, i checked with the reliability monitor and I found these codes from the last two times I experienced the freezing again.

1st One:

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 117
    Parameter 1: ffff8c071f2da460
    Parameter 2: fffff8017e7a4a30
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 4b0
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

2nd One:

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 117
    Parameter 1: ffff990a186a4460
    Parameter 2: fffff800236ad740
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 2600
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, I've heard reverting back to the previous update would help, but I would prefer not to do that unless I have to. I'm not sure what this error means but I'm guessing it's probably related to the freezing I've been experiencing. My computer hasn't frozen/crashed at all since I bought it a year ago until this previous update. If anything I'm hoping the next update might fix it as well.

Thanks again for any help.

:)

neek41, Sep 15, 2020

2. Computer Freezing!

My computer has been freezing for the past 2 weeks. Whenever I play games, after about 15-45 minutes of gameplay, the computer just freezes and I can't do anything about it except to restart. I don't know what to do anymore.

I scanned my computer with anti-virus, and there were a few minor ones that were fixed/deleted. My computer was still freezing. So I cleaned the registry. It found a lot but all of them were fixed/deleted. And now it still freezes when playing games (WoW). Is there anything else that I should do? My computer is overclocked right now to 2.75Ghz, should I lower it?

If you guys could help me, I would be really happy!

Thanks,
    -Azn

Azn Tr14dZ, Sep 15, 2020
  3. bleecher Win User
    Computer Freezing

Very recently my computer has been randomly freezing on me. It usually happens when I start light multitasking, at first the main window I am using freezes and if I alt-tab to another program it freezes, then my entire explorer.exe freezes and I cannot enter task manager. My mouse cursor moves perfectly fine though. If I turn on my computer and don't do anything however, it does not freeze at all no matter how long I leave it on.

I have run prime95 to check my cpu, memtest86+ to check my RAM , HDD diagnostics tools and defragmentation, checked the temp of my 8800GT evga video card (55C, I don't know of any programs to diagnose the video card), my motherboard is a DFI Lanparty P35-LT and has a little LED on it that says FF (fully functional) so I don't think its a hardware problem. All temperatures for the other computer components were also within standard levels. I have also scanned for viruses using kaspersky, adaware, spybot, malwarebytes, superantispyware, and conficker scanners and they found nothing.

Could the problem be due to an error in the Windows registry? I noticed my computer started freezing after I tried extracting a rar (perfectly safe contents as I have extracted it onto another computer for use) and this would have put my hdd space down to 400mb on a 1tb hdd, which had 83% fragmentation (yea I defragged, but it didn't fix the problem). Any ideas?

Computer Specs:
    CPU: Q6600
    RAM: 2x2gig G.Skill ddr2 800
    GPU: Nvidia 8800GT
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty P35-LT
    HDD: 1tb Western Digital Caviar Green

bleecher, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

computer freezing

My computer freezes for 10 seconds and goes back to normal for awhile and then just freezes with the HDD in. I booted from my Seagate, clicked on HD Tune, started error checking on the WD and it started freezing a lot so I stopped it and it kept freezing to the point where it just eventually froze for good. I think the HDD is DEAD. I'm gonna buy a HDD and PSU for it I guess.

ShadowFold, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

1. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes - Similar Threads - Computer clock taskbar

2. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  3. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  4. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes: Hi, I think the following post has described my issue perfectly: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-clocktaskbar-freezing-upstuttering-until/1eb40a11-9a20-4339-a3b9-eea8e3d9a6f4 I have a new PC that I bought not so long ago...
  6. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Computer stuttering and eventually freezing: Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser and not when I am gaming. Or sometimes it just does it on it's own. WilliamDz provided me with a fix and it seemed to have...
  7. Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing: Hello. So this started to happen back in January of this year. But since it didn't occur that often I let the issue go, but recently it's been getting very bad where I had to force reboot my computer 8 times a day. Back in Jan we switched ISP and my computer started to...
  8. Computer freezeing/stuttering

Computer freezeing/stuttering: So the last couple days ive been having issues with my pc. when playing games or just browsing reddit after a while i would go from 144 fps in a game to hard stuck 1fps. Even after alt f4ing the game my computer would get micro freezes and id be basically unable to do...
  9. Computer Freezing up

Computer Freezing up: Hi, My computer keeps freezing up and then a blue screen shows up saying that there is a problem and that the system is trying to fix it and will shut itself down. But it never shuts down and I have to press the power button to unfreeze the system. It just happened again and...
  10. Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot

Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot: My computer ever since replacing the Motherboard has been having new set of issues not relating to a bluescreen at all this time just the system will randomly freeze up at different times like opening a twitter profile, facebook profile or a program.. It don't even respond to...