Windows 10: Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Discus and support Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I think the following post has described my issue perfectly:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FranzKafka1, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Hi,

I think the following post has described my issue perfectly:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-clocktaskbar-freezing-upstuttering-until/1eb40a11-9a20-4339-a3b9-eea8e3d9a6f4

I have a new PC that I bought not so long ago few months.

It was running fine for months until a major Windows Update was installed, and since then, every 1-3 days, my computer starts freezing slowly, I can see that the windows clock is frozen which indicates the time that the issue starts, trying to quickly run "shutdown /r" pops up the window that says that windows will restart shortly, but it never does. slowly more things are getting unresponsive until I have to do hard reset for my pc.

I just finished doing a CLEAN Windows 10 installation, and installed latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU and latest drivers for my RME soundcard.

Also installed drivers for my Asus motherboard.

Besides that, I only installed Google Chrome browser and Microsoft office 2019 and Western Digital Discovery tool.

After 2 hours, the problem has hit again!

The Event Viewer doesn't give any errors.

Hardware:

IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

Corsair 64GB DDR4

Asus Primze Z490-A

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

:)

FranzKafka1, Apr 20, 2021
  2. neek41 Win User

Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Hi everyone, I've owned a gaming pc for a little over a year now (ill have the specs below), and since the previous windows update (I think I installed it on 9/5), my computer (once or twice a day so far) freezes up until I have to hold the power button
    down to turn it off. Either I would notice because my game would freeze, or my clock on the bottom right would freeze. I'm able to move my mouse around and hover over the taskbar (including the clock), but it would slowly become more unresponsive to my clicks
    and my mouse hovering over until my computer completely freezes up. I've been able to catch it in time to reset it through ctrl+alt+delete without having to restart it, but this happens at least a few times a day since I first experienced a crash around 9/8
    i believe.

Here are my specs:

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti MSI VENTUS XS 6G OC

Intel 660p 1TB SSD

16 GB of RAM

I have performed a sfc /scannow and a memory test with no issues found. I've updated my GPU drivers to the latest one and the freezing still occurred. After I did some digging and help with troubleshooting from other guides (I'm not super tech saavy), i
    checked with the reliability monitor and I found these codes from the last two times I experienced the freezing again.

1st One:

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 117

Parameter 1: ffff8c071f2da460

Parameter 2: fffff8017e7a4a30

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 4b0

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

2nd One:

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 117

Parameter 1: ffff990a186a4460

Parameter 2: fffff800236ad740

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 2600

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, I've heard reverting back to the previous update would help, but I would prefer not to do that unless I have to. I'm not sure what this error means but I'm guessing it's probably related to the freezing I've been
    experiencing. My computer hasn't frozen/crashed at all since I bought it a year ago until this previous update. If anything I'm hoping the next update might fix it as well.

Thanks again for any help.

neek41, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser and not when I am gaming. Or sometimes it just does it on it's own. WilliamDz provided
    me with a fix and it seemed to have worked for about a day. But just now my computer decided to freeze on me again while I walked away for a minute. This has been happening since January and it's really frustrating when I have to force reboot my computer 8
    times a day. There was a solution about disabling the HPET. I followed this and it seemed to have worked on the majority of the stutters. There are still little stutters that occur and like I said it froze just now. There was something about using CMD to change
    the clock that the computer uses for timer. I tried that but CMD won't accept the command bcedit. If someone could please help me with this issue it will be much appreciated.

Here's the link to the previous post I made.

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Megatonkick91, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Computer Freezing!

My computer has been freezing for the past 2 weeks. Whenever I play games, after about 15-45 minutes of gameplay, the computer just freezes and I can't do anything about it except to restart. I don't know what to do anymore.

I scanned my computer with anti-virus, and there were a few minor ones that were fixed/deleted. My computer was still freezing. So I cleaned the registry. It found a lot but all of them were fixed/deleted. And now it still freezes when playing games (WoW). Is there anything else that I should do? My computer is overclocked right now to 2.75Ghz, should I lower it?

If you guys could help me, I would be really happy!

Thanks,
    -Azn

Azn Tr14dZ, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

1. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes - Similar Threads - Computer clock taskbar

2. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  3. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  4. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Computer stuttering and eventually freezing: Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser and not when I am gaming. Or sometimes it just does it on it's own. WilliamDz provided me with a fix and it seemed to have...
  6. Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing: Hello. So this started to happen back in January of this year. But since it didn't occur that often I let the issue go, but recently it's been getting very bad where I had to force reboot my computer 8 times a day. Back in Jan we switched ISP and my computer started to...
  7. Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes

Computer clock/taskbar freezing up/stuttering until computer fully freezes: Hi everyone, I've owned a gaming pc for a little over a year now ill have the specs below, and since the previous windows update I think I installed it on 9/5, my computer once or twice a day so far freezes up until I have to hold the power button down to turn it off. Either...
  8. Computer freezeing/stuttering

Computer freezeing/stuttering: So the last couple days ive been having issues with my pc. when playing games or just browsing reddit after a while i would go from 144 fps in a game to hard stuck 1fps. Even after alt f4ing the game my computer would get micro freezes and id be basically unable to do...
  9. Computer Freezing up

Computer Freezing up: Hi, My computer keeps freezing up and then a blue screen shows up saying that there is a problem and that the system is trying to fix it and will shut itself down. But it never shuts down and I have to press the power button to unfreeze the system. It just happened again and...
  10. Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot

Computer Randomly Freezes until Reboot: My computer ever since replacing the Motherboard has been having new set of issues not relating to a bluescreen at all this time just the system will randomly freeze up at different times like opening a twitter profile, facebook profile or a program.. It don't even respond to...