Windows 10: Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find...

Discus and support Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! This is by far the weirdest issue I've seen on a computer, period. I was using my computer normally, then everything started glitching out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnnaVera, Apr 3, 2019.

1. AnnaVera Win User

Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find...

Hello!

This is by far the weirdest issue I've seen on a computer, period.

I was using my computer normally, then everything started glitching out. The screen would flicker, and eventually all of the windows I had open just closed themselves.

A BSOD occured. It gave an error that started with "CRITICAL", but before I could read all of it, the system shut down. It turned back on, and it couldn't find anything to boot from. I booted into BIOS and it couldn't find my hard drive.

I figured it was a SSD failure that happened without warning. Yet I turned off my computer for an hour, started it back up again to troubleshoot and... it works perfectly fine.

I've run sfc, chkdsk, and tried checking my SSD for other errors. Strangely, all of the error checkers returned 0 errors. 0% SSD wear, 0 bad sectors, etc...

I'd love to provide a MEMORY.DMP file, but since the system crashed in the middle of the BSOD, none was saved. In fact, not much about the BSOD or the event in general was saved. I tried poking around in Event Viewer, but found nothing specific enough to help or narrow down the issue. Just a report that the system crashed without warning.

I have had absolutely no problems with my computer since. Which leads me to my questions...

Does anyone know what could have possibly gone wrong here? Is my SSD truly dying? Is there any other way I can check my SSD for errors?

For reference, my SSD's model name is: LITEON CA1-8D256-HP

My laptop is a HP Spectre x360 2018 (Vega)

I'll contact HP support if it's absolutely necessary, but I wanted another opinion first. If I had to send my laptop in, it would take some time before I saw it again.

Thanks for reading!

:)

AnnaVera, Apr 3, 2019

2. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Apr 3, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

SO the Logs showed no errors at all during them times? They will be listed with a RED X Circle?????

Well if you just installed Windows 7 then make sure you have all your mobo drivers (chipset and all that stuff) from the mono vendor website, Then make sure you have your .net installed and updated as well as Direct X...THEN INSTALL THE AMD CATS!

DRDNA, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find...

Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find...

1. Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find... - Similar Threads - Computer closed flickered

2. Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU: Hello everyone,I was attempting to solve an issue of my PC crashing not to blue screen regularly, I installed Display Driver Uninstaller and was in the middle of doing a 'Clean and Restart' I was in Windows Safe Mode when my computer crashed again and turned off. I turned it...
  3. This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...: This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the new one popped up where Microsoft asking me to log in again to Microsoft account & to ask a question!? Generally, I am very unsatisfied with Windows 11,, so many failures and...
  4. This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...

This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...: This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the new one popped up where Microsoft asking me to log in again to Microsoft account & to ask a question!? Generally, I am very unsatisfied with Windows 11,, so many failures and...
  5. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it: Hi, I have a question:All of my programs keep closing themselves and reopening after about 3-5 minutes of being opened. This repeats all the time: The program closes itself and reopens itself automatically one second afterwards, then 5 minutes later the same happens again....
  6. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it: Hi, I have a question:All of my programs keep closing themselves and reopening after about 3-5 minutes of being opened. This repeats all the time: The program closes itself and reopens itself automatically one second afterwards, then 5 minutes later the same happens again....
  7. All my programs keep closing and reopening in the middle of using it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows couldn't find...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows couldn't find...: Windows couldn't find C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\22904SynapticsIncorporate.SmartAudio3_1.0.39.0_x64_q...\CxUIUExe.exe This error keeps coming back to haunt me. Briefly show me how it came to be and how to make it a reality....
  9. Windows couldn't find...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows couldn't find...: Few days ago i encounter this issue where "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\22904SynapticsIncorporate.SmartAudio3_1.0.39.0_x64_q...\CxUIUExe.exe" error constantly pop up in my computer, i looked up for help on the internet and found the solution here...
  10. Windows couldn't find...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows couldn't find...: So this morning i encounter this issue where "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\22904SynapticsIncorporate.SmartAudio3_1.0.39.0_x64_q...\CxUIUExe.exe" error constantly pop up in my computer, i looked up for help on the internet and found the solution here...