Windows 10: Computer completely freezes every few hours

Discus and support Computer completely freezes every few hours in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I made a post a little while ago. It has gotten much worse since. Every few hours, my pc gets rlly laggy and then freezes after 30 seconds. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dumbthrowawayV2, May 7, 2020.

1. Computer completely freezes every few hours

Hello. I made a post a little while ago. It has gotten much worse since. Every few hours, my pc gets rlly laggy and then freezes after 30 seconds. In the task manager disk usage is always at 100%. Always from different things, but usually, service host: sysmain and System itself are the main culprits. I'm posting from my phone because my pc is so laggy. Sysmain is at 17.3mb/s right now. The other post I made said to switch out my HD with and SSD. Would this work? I don't want to spend the money just for it to not work. This problem has affected like every pc I have ever had. I don't have any viruses on my computer to my knowledge I did a deep AVG scan. Could AVG also be making me lag? Please help I just want to use my computer

submitted by /u/dumbthrowawayV2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dumbthrowawayV2, May 7, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 7, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer completely freezes every few hours :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 7, 2020
  4. Nitrome Win User

Computer completely freezes every few hours

Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps

Hello

A few weeks ago my computer started completely freezing. When those freezes occur the computer is totally unresponsive and requires a reboot, however they only happen when running certain programs.

Windows Version number : 1903
    When does it happen?
    • Playing youtube videos (takes a few minutes to freeze on average)
    • Starting certain games (freezes on startup)
    • Answering discord calls
    And i discover new sources all the time so i doubt this is a complete list.

What did i try so far?
    • Updating the drivers (didn't try to update the BIOS yet but reset it to default)
    • Sfc / chkdsk
    • OCCT (both CPU and GPU test, neither overheated/froze the computer)
    • memtest x86 (4 passes 6 hours, no errors)
    • Swapping GPU (RX-480)

By this point i was a bit lost so i tried using windows event viewer to no avail.

As a last attempt i tried to install windows on a new harddrive but the computer froze during installation.

I'm completely lost and don't know whether my hardware is failing or if it's some kind of software issue.

Nitrome, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer completely freezes every few hours

1. Computer completely freezes every few hours - Similar Threads - Computer completely freezes

2. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  3. Surface Pro 3 Freezes Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro 3 Freezes Every Few Hours: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CMTraceBeaulieu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwsyoz/surface_pro_3_freezes_every_few_hours/
  4. BSODs Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  5. Brand new high-end PC freezes for a few seconds every few hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new high-end PC freezes for a few seconds every few hours: Hello, I recently bought a new high-end PC. It works good and can easily run heavy programs. It barely has anything installed on it, the drivers are up to date (unless I missed something...) and there are no viruses/malware, yet every few hours (and doesn't matter whether a...
  6. My computer freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer freezes every few seconds: My computer freezes every few seconds, and i don't know solution how to fix it. Has it ever happend to someone, and do you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds/09e64bf0-1871-48e9-a59b-cf3044ee7e52
  7. Applications on computer will freeze for about 10 seconds every few hours.

Applications on computer will freeze for about 10 seconds every few hours.: Hello, so I built my desktop a couple of months ago and everything was working fine until I started getting an issue where my applications would freeze. At first I only noticed this in one game so I assumed it was the game's fault but now I see that is not the case. Every few...
  8. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....
  9. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...