Windows 10: Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds

Discus and support Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PC with 2 monitors, and I am using a different picture for each display. Every so often the background from my secondary display also gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben Kavouras, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds

I have a PC with 2 monitors, and I am using a different picture for each display. Every so often the background from my secondary display also gets applied to my main display been having this issue for years with little change. Is there a fix for this?

:)

Ben Kavouras, Apr 28, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 28, 2020
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds

1. Computer Confused over multiple backgrounds - Similar Threads - Computer Confused multiple

2. Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers: My reasonably new Intel NUC seems to offer a choice of key system drivers. It lists "AMD high definition audio device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". I thought Bluetooth was handled in my Archer A7 router, but I also see "Intel Bluetooth Wireless" listed on my NUC...
  3. Onedrive watching over multiple computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive watching over multiple computers: Over the years I have tried and tried and used and used Onedrive for my home computers all using Windows 10. I have 4 computers that I want all to access Onedrive for the latest files. Perhaps I don't fully understand the functionality of this service. Every time I try...
  4. Multiple backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple backgrounds: How do i set 2 different backgrounds on win 10 without activating windows submitted by /u/TakenSteak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp1hy3/multiple_backgrounds/
  5. OneDrive Storage Over Multiple Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Storage Over Multiple Computers: Issue: I have multiple computers running Windows 10 Each computer is linked to same Microsoft account I have Office365 with 1TB of storage. On each computer I save files to OneDrive BUT Not all files on OneDrive are visible to all my computers, nor are they all visible...
  6. Confused over SSD types

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused over SSD types: I have a Hynix H5512gd9NG-62A0A BB SSD inserted into my main laptop and I want to replace it with a new drive but am unsure of what configuration SSD I should get. The original one looks like the one in the pic - a Samsung EVO M2 is this a standard fitting for this type of...
  7. Confused computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused computer: Make a file ending in .pub open in Microsoft PUBLISHER, not to Adobe Acrobat that ends in .pdf. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/confused-computer/9358268e-f4b2-4f21-82bf-74435375823a
  8. Confusing multiple google files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing multiple google files: Opening 'startup', I see Google Chrome is active, but looks like this: Google Chrome(4) Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome So, when I open the file location, it only shows 1 google file. It seems, based on my limited knowledge, that there are 5 Google...
  9. confusion over activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    confusion over activation: Hello, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. I made the ISO and did a fresh install about a week later. Microsoft activated the Fresh Install without issue. My Hard Drive crashed. I am installing a new hard drive and wish to do a fresh install. Will this activate, or...
  10. Confusion over Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confusion over Bitlocker: My Surface Pro 4 (Win10 X64 Vrs 1703) is confused about Bitlocker Disk Management indicates that the C: drive is "236.38 GB NTFS (BitLocker Encrypted)" But Control Panel>System and Security>Bitlocker Drive encryption says "Local Disk (C*Smile Bitlocker waiting for...