Windows 10: Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network

Discus and support Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a wireless network, call it NW1, set up for sharing files between a desktop and a laptop, but something has gone wrong. The laptop shows it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coffent, Feb 19, 2020.

1. coffent Win User

Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network

I had a wireless network, call it NW1, set up for sharing files between a desktop and a laptop, but something has gone wrong. The laptop shows it is connected to the network, and a file listing of "Network" shows the laptop with its "Network Location" shown as NW1, as expected. However the desktop is *not* shown in the listing.

The desktop shows it is connected to two networks: NW1, shown as a WiFi network, and NW2, shown as an ethernet connection. Under NW1 properties, it shows that it is set to "Connect automatically when in range" and that the network is Private. A file listing of "Network" shows only my wireless router with its "Network location" shown as NW2. It does not show either the desktop or the laptop or anything else with "Network location" of NW1.

How can I get my desktop to recognize NW1?

(Windows 10 vers. 1909)

:)

coffent, Feb 19, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network - Similar Threads - Computer connected wireless

2. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...: Today my Windows 10 computer is suddenly unable to connect to the internet at all. When I click on the internet button in the bottom righthand corner, the only option available is Network & Internet Settings and Airplane Mode which is turned off. All the other options are...
  3. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...: Today my Windows 10 computer is suddenly unable to connect to the internet at all. When I click on the internet button in the bottom righthand corner, the only option available is Network & Internet Settings and Airplane Mode which is turned off. All the other options are...
  4. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. network automatically connect wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network automatically connect wirelessly: I got a new internet service provider. My laptop will not connect wirelessly to my new network. It does work if i plug in the ethernet cable. I have done s troubleshoot, it states 'this computer is set to manually connect to 'Martin' network. How do I get to automatically...
  6. Network adapters and wireless connection.

Network adapters and wireless connection.: I booted up on laptop and i saw that it was not connected to the internet and when i clicked the icon to connect to a network there were no options. I click network connection on control panel and there was an x on wifi and Ethernet and Ethernet 2 I searched up how to fix it...
  7. Unable to connect to Wireless network

Unable to connect to Wireless network: While waiting for my broadband to be installed I've been using my mobile data to access the internet on my desktop computer. I've been using a wireless network adaptor which has been working perfectly albeit expensive. Since my broadband was Installed yesterday, I have not...
  8. wireless network connectivity trouble

wireless network connectivity trouble: hi everyone I am a windows insider as well as a technology geek and need wifi for everything. but recently as I updated to 1909 my computer is not showing any available network when other devices does it. even in adapter options and in the device manager the wireless network...
  9. Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection: Hi, my pc constantly loses internet connection. I'm connected to WiFi and the next minute the pc can't find any wireless network. I always have to re-initiate the pc for the networks to appear again. How can I solve this issue for good?...
  10. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??: Hey All, My father bought a brand new HP pavilion desktop. Pretty nice machine. I7, 16gb ram, all that and the bag of chips. Anyways, his internet access is through his landlords wireless. This desktop comes equipped with a modern AC wireless adapter. We turned the...