Windows 10: Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet

Discus and support Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question. I have a PC connected via Wi-Fi to internet. On my desk I have a Samsung Galaxy s5e tablet, which I would like to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fistach, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Fistach Win User

Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet

Hello,

I have a question. I have a PC connected via Wi-Fi to internet. On my desk I have a Samsung Galaxy s5e tablet, which I would like to have connected to internet. I know I can also connect it through Wi-Fi but I'm wondering whether it would be possible to connect it via USB cable to PC to charge it when necessary but also to use this USB cable to connect it to internet.

Best wishes

Marcin

:)

Fistach, Apr 26, 2020
  2. AnaCamps Win User

Tablet Connection

Hi,

My name is Ana. I am an Independent Advisor. Thanks for contacting our support.

Do you want to put Windows in Tablet mode?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17210/...

or

Do you want to activate the Host Post mode of your tablet in order to connect your laptop to your table's network?

Tether by Wi-Fi hotspot

You can share your phone's mobile data with up to 10 other devices via Wi-Fi hotspot.

Share to mobile connection by tethering or hotspot on Android

Step 1: Turn on your phone's hotspot

Open your phone's Settings app.

Tap Network & internet and then Hotspot & tethering.

Tap Wi-Fi hotspot.

Turn on Wi-Fi hotspot.

To see or change to hotspot setting, like the name or password, tap it. If needed, first tap Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.

Tip: If you do not want your hotspot to require a password, pick None under "Security."

Step 2: Connect another device to your phone's hotspot

On the other device, open that device's list of Wi-Fi options.

Pick your phone's hotspot name.

Enter your phone's hotspot password.

Click Connect

Tether by Bluetooth

Pair your phone with the other device.

Set up the other device to get its network connection by Bluetooth. Follow the instructions that came with the device.

Open your phone's Settings app.

Tap Bluetooth tethering.

Tether by USB cable

Important: Mac computers can not tether with Android by USB.

Using a USB cable, connect your phone to the other device. A "Connected as a ..." notification shows at the top of the screen.

Open your device's Settings app.

Turn on USB tethering.

or

How to Connect Your Android Tablet to Your Wireless Home Network

https://www.wikihow.tech/Connect-Your-Android-T...

Let me know any questions

Regards

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AnaCamps, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

Read more: Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

Brink, Apr 26, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer connected via Wi-Fi + USB tethering to tablet - Similar Threads - Computer connected via

2. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  3. Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: HelloI am trying to troubleshoot my friends laptop. It will connect to her neighbors Wi-Fi. She can connect to her Wi-Fi on other devices, but she cannot connect to her own Wi-Fi on this computer. We have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but nothing is working. Tried...
  4. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  5. Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not connect to Wi-Fi: My husband and I both have windows computer with all the sudden will not connect to the Internet it will connect to a hotspot. All our other devices have no problem connecting to our router....
  6. Can't connect via Ethernet. No problems with connecting via Wi Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect via Ethernet. No problems with connecting via Wi Fi: I have no problems connecting my HP All in One to Wifi but I can not connect with Ethernet hardwired. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-via-ethernet-no-problems-with/d9c8db7d-0713-4039-b58e-40328eeed469
  7. Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection via Ethernet but not Wi-Fi?: So currently I'm having trouble connecting my Windows 10 Asus laptop through Wi-Fi even though my cellphone and any other device around my house has connection. Of course I'm trying to connect with the Ethernet cable disconnected. Wi-Fi used to work perfectly. Here are some...
  8. No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle

No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle: Howzit we lost the Internet connection on our Windows 10 v1909 computers this morning. So I bust out my handy dandy USB Wi-Fi dongles in order to connect to my phone’s tethering. Previously once I had joined the tethering's Wi-Fi signal, I got Internet service straight...
  9. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter: Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access. My wife is a teacher and has been using this setup for the last year and a half in her classroom. Coincidence or not, I did just install...
  10. Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration

Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration: Gday, I've seen a few threads about this but most resolutions I've seen have been tried to no avail. So laptop has been connecting via USB tether(android phone) without issue until this week, and our other laptop still connects via that phone so no issue there. Via USB...