Windows 10: Computer constantly freezes up for half a second

Discus and support Computer constantly freezes up for half a second in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just upgraded to windows 10 and every couple of seconds my computer will freeze for half a second. I noticed this first when I was listening to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamieHunter2, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Computer constantly freezes up for half a second

So I just upgraded to windows 10 and every couple of seconds my computer will freeze for half a second. I noticed this first when I was listening to music and it kept cutting out, I thought it was just the software not loading but after a while I noticed the mouse seemed to stop for half a second and then snap over to the place I was trying to move it. So at this point I thought it was a driver problem, but I soon found out the whole computer was freezing on me for half a second every couple of seconds.

I've tried multiple things such as disk cleanup, restarting my pc, uninstalling useless programs, scanning my computer for potential threats and reinstalling every driver, nothing seems to work.

I hope someone can help me resolve this issue.

:)

JamieHunter2, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Feen74 Win User

Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.

I got a yellow and a blue page. Not sure what that means.

Computer constantly freezes up for half a second [​IMG]

I ran chkdsk /f /r overnight. When I came back in the morning it was at the login screen.

My comp is still freezing up but not as badly as it was.

Feen74, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Feen74 Win User

Feen74, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Computer constantly freezes up for half a second

hi, im clueless when it comes to computers friend told me to look at event viewer, said to post here. would appreciate some help.

spacemaker, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Computer constantly freezes up for half a second

1. Computer constantly freezes up for half a second - Similar Threads - Computer constantly freezes

2. Constant Bluescreens and Computer Freezing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Bluescreens and Computer Freezing Up: PC Specifications: ASUS G10CE - Computer was purchased through Best Buyhttps://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823. I’ve had this computer for more than a year. I...
  3. Constant Bluescreens and Computer Freezing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Bluescreens and Computer Freezing Up: PC Specifications: ASUS G10CE - Computer was purchased through Best Buyhttps://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823. I’ve had this computer for more than a year. I...
  4. Computer constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly freezing: My computer which is around 4-5 years old recently started freezing randomly between if its just idle on the lock screen or sometimes if its under load, didn't spot a pattern in what its busy doing. When it freezes audio still plays for like 10 seconds and then I'm just stuck...
  5. PC constantly freezes for half a second after 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC constantly freezes for half a second after 2-3 hours: This suddenly happened to me 2 weeks ago. After 2-3 hours running my screen stops for a bit (0.5s) then works normally, it also distorts audio in that lagging period. This happens every 10 seconds or so. I thought it is hardware related but restarting seems to temporary fix...
  6. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  7. Computer freezing constantly

Computer freezing constantly: Hey there, I’ve got an issue where my laptop has started to freeze after less than 10 minutes of use, requiring a hard restart. Infromation that may be useful: • It is an HP Spectre running the latest version of Windows 10 • I tried updaing drivers and running various...
  8. Window keeps popping up and disappearing for half a second...constantly.

Window keeps popping up and disappearing for half a second...constantly.: A window keeps popping up for less than a second and disappearing. It appears to be a white box right in the middle of my screen. Its too fast to be able to screenshot or see any info about it. I saw a similar issue from a few years ago that had to do with Office. I looked...
  9. Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel

Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel: I'm beyond frustrated and I've run out of patience and ideas on how to fix this I apologize in advance for the long wall of text you're about to read but I'm at my wits end and I'm all out of ideas on how to fix this issue as I've tried literally every fix available both on...
  10. Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes up constantly for several seconds at a time.: My computer will lock up constantly for several seconds at a time. At first I thought it was just with games but now I notice that it does it with everything. I've run my anti-virus (Avast!), chkdsk, sfc /scannow and I've defraged but the problem persists. I was looking up a...