Windows 10: Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game

Discus and support Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this issue for a while where it freezes when I leave it on to install something or i'm playing a game more then a few hours, now I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nickbarry, Jul 1, 2020.

1. nickbarry Win User

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game

So I've had this issue for a while where it freezes when I leave it on to install something or i'm playing a game more then a few hours, now I checked cpu and the gpu it's not over heating. All my drivers are up to date, I already did the sfc /SCANNOW also did a clean install plenty of times. here's the specs.

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game e4fd8d69-38b5-4522-9cee-ea5341cf5e61?upload=true.png

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game 3c9150e7-49de-4a29-879f-86144654f3ed?upload=true.png

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game 8e7ef3c5-c4dd-4d95-b074-7ec1494b6d88?upload=true.png

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game 9d3ec82b-4f87-44ca-8aef-13d21e02c05f?upload=true.png

Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game 8dab1afc-efb8-4c7a-ae1e-caf05d39f80b?upload=true.png

:)

nickbarry, Jul 1, 2020

2. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game.

Juan Castator, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 1, 2020
  4. SueRiceVW Win User

Magic jigsaw game is soooo slow, takes forever to play game, constantly freezes up.

game is soooo slow, takes forever to play game, constantly freezes up.

Original Title:

SueRiceVW, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer constantly freezing when idle or playing a game - Similar Threads - Computer constantly freezing

2. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  3. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  4. Computer freezing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing when playing games: When I play games after 10-15 minutes my computer completely freezes and I have to turn it off by the power button. However when I do this the next time I turn my computer on I am able to play games as long as I want without it freezing again. And then when I turn it off and...
  5. Computer freezing when playing games

Computer freezing when playing games: When I play games after 10-15 minutes my computer completely freezes and I have to turn it off by the power button. However when I do this the next time I turn my computer on I am able to play games as long as I want without it freezing again. And then when I turn it off and...
  6. Constant Freezing when Playing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Freezing when Playing Games.: Everytime I play a game, it freezes constantly and ruins the whole gameplay. I don't know what to do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-freezing-when-playing-games/47f74eaf-a30a-4c3f-a907-ef6ad0630dc0
  7. Constant Freezing when Playing Games.

Constant Freezing when Playing Games.: Everytime I play a game, it freezes constantly and ruins the whole gameplay. I don't know what to do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-freezing-when-playing-games/47f74eaf-a30a-4c3f-a907-ef6ad0630dc0
  8. Computer is constantly BSOD when left idle and downloading games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is constantly BSOD when left idle and downloading games.: Hello, My computer is BSOD fairly regularly when I leave it to do a download. I have researched the information that Event Viewer gives me and cannot find a solution that works. I built the computer myself, and the BSOD really started happening about 3 weeks or a month of...
  9. computer freezes when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes when playing games: i asked a question about two weeks ago and never got back a reply after the initial message, it said 1 G o over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...