Windows 10: Computer constantly shutting down

Discus and support Computer constantly shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help a complete technophobe. My computer keeps shutting down, I thought it was just Google Chrome but I have changed to Microsoft Edge and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by annemorgan5, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Computer constantly shutting down

Please help a complete technophobe.

My computer keeps shutting down, I thought it was just Google Chrome but I have changed to Microsoft Edge and this has not resolved the problem.

I have also tried a restart but to no avail

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

:)

annemorgan5, Jan 26, 2021
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jan 26, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Computer constantly shutting down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Computer constantly shutting down

1. Computer constantly shutting down - Similar Threads - Computer constantly shutting

2. SYSTEM FAILURE AND CONSTANT SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM FAILURE AND CONSTANT SHUT DOWN: my laptop keeps tripping off suddenly and citing windows update as the reason, but my system is up to date. can anyone help with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-failure-and-constant-shut-down/03c1727c-7f96-4a84-bba1-575020fe6cf7
  3. PC constantly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly shutting down: My 2 year old Lenovo gaming pc keeps crashing. The sound goes wacky, and everything completely freezes. I have to hold the power button to shut it down. The logs on my reliability report show a live kernel event 141. We have tried testing everything. We switched out the RAM...
  4. PC constantly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC constantly shutting down: My 2 year old Lenovo gaming pc keeps crashing. The sound goes wacky, and everything completely freezes. I have to hold the power button to shut it down. The logs on my reliability report show a live kernel event 141. We have tried testing everything. We switched out the RAM...
  5. constantly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constantly shutting down: Computer shutting down by itself, this happens a couple of times a day, and mostly happens when playing/screen recording.event log:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID...
  6. constantly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constantly shutting down: Computer shutting down by itself, this happens a couple of times a day, and mostly happens when playing/screen recording.event log:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID...
  7. constantly shutting down

8. Appmodel runtime error constantly shutting down my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Appmodel runtime error constantly shutting down my computer.: "Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows." everytime i load a game like cod or the division, when im in fullscreen it immediately shuts down upon i load into the actual game itself, when im in windowed it will shut down if i change any...
  9. Constant shut downs on new builds

Constant shut downs on new builds: I am getting constant shuts downs on the new builds seems to be browser related and chrome when i crash an alert comes up in Sophos antivirus then crashes in the svchost.exe I get the green screen of death but not enough time to capture the qr code this only started happening...
  10. Constant Computer shut down.

Constant Computer shut down.: I can't remember how many times in the past six month Microsoft/Windows has shut me down using the Stop.com. I'll be right in the middle of something and down you take me. A month ago I had my tech company run a test and they can't figure out why this keeps happening. The...