Windows 10: Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

Discus and support Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron N4050 with an i3-2330M, Integrated HD Graphics, and 4GB of RAM. Ever since 1803 was released this computer presented... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cyberdg_, Sep 14, 2018.

1. cyberdg_ Win User

Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

Greetings,

I have a Dell Inspiron N4050 with an i3-2330M, Integrated HD Graphics, and 4GB of RAM. Ever since 1803 was released this computer presented a particular issue: at some point during the install process (during the final parts of the setup, perhaps after driver installations)

the computer, while finishing the upgrade or during the First Setup screen would automatically suspend or go to sleep (with no time specified, usually at the instant) unless I kept pressing keys on the keyboard to prevent such thing.

A clean install is merely able to complete, but at the end not worth it since updates cannot be left downloading by the already said task of maintaining the computer active

An upgrade is almost impossible since the computer starts sleeping at around the 80% mark of the upgrade.

I must note, this is the only computer I have such thing has happened, for reference I installed the update on a C2D machine I use as a file storage unit.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated. If there is more information I need to provide I'm welcome to that.

Thanks

:)

cyberdg_, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Upgraded PC to Windows 10 and won't wake-up from Sleep Mode

I have upgraded to windows 10 and the computer will not sleep. I went through all the steps suggested by Mr. Kumar but it has not helped. The computer still does not sleep.

RCummings01, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

my computer constantly going to sleep as never to sleep in power settings.

Original Title: Computer Going to Sleep

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, my computer is constantly going to sleep. I have set the options for sleeping to never, and I restored my computer by that didn't help either. I turned off the screen saver. Nothing will stop it.

KennethRJones, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

1. Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Computer Constantly Sleeps

2. Constant crashes during sleep mode still

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes during sleep mode still: HiFollow up on my still occuring problem : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashes-during-sleep-mode/437bfd6d-7056-4df1-912f-f8c1a2234574> I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer is in sleep mode.> I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080,...
  3. Constant crashes during sleep mode still

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes during sleep mode still: HiFollow up on my still occuring problem : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashes-during-sleep-mode/437bfd6d-7056-4df1-912f-f8c1a2234574> I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer is in sleep mode.> I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080,...
  4. Constant crashes during sleep mode still

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Constant crashes during sleep mode

Constant crashes during sleep mode: HiFollow up on my still occuring problem : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashes-during-sleep-mode/437bfd6d-7056-4df1-912f-f8c1a2234574> I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer is in sleep mode.> I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080,...
  6. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: Hi,I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer enters sleep mode. I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080, and I have just reinstalled nvidia drivers using DDU. Issue continues.Here is my minidump : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25111.1000 AMD64Copyright c...
  7. Constant crashes during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes during sleep mode: Hi,I am experiencing constant crashes while my computer enters sleep mode. I have 2 GPUs RTX 3080 + RTX 2080, and I have just reinstalled nvidia drivers using DDU. Issue continues.Here is my minidump : Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25111.1000 AMD64Copyright c...
  8. Constant crashes during sleep mode

9. Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 on Laptop is Constantly turning itself on during sleep.: Hello, For the last couple of days, I have been waking up to find that my laptop has turned on itself. I have tried to go into Power and Sleep to fix this problem, however it still continues. I have to put my laptop to sleep because Adobe Audition doesn't save my work....
  10. Computer will not upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803: My Gateway computer was originally bought with Windows 7. It was upgraded to Windows 10, and accepted upgrades until version1709. It will NOT accept the newest updated to Version 1803, and shuts down in the middle of every attempt saying it will return to previous version....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep during windows 10 update 1803

2. windows 10 version 1803 keeps sleeping my laptop