Windows 10: Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation.

Discus and support Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I am completely new to the forum, so hopefully this post is in the correct section. After the installation of a new graphic card (NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adangerred, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation.

Hi all,

I am completely new to the forum, so hopefully this post is in the correct section.

After the installation of a new graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660 Super) my PC is crashing every single time it resumes from either sleep or hibernation. (Running Windows10 1903 18362.592)

I had no such probelm with the old card, a GIGABYTE GTX970.

I suspected the PSU being to weak so I've installed a new one, FSP HYDRO GE 650W, but to no avail. The problem persists.

I've googled around (as one does) and most related issues seem to be pointing at NVMe driver issues (??)
    Can't see how this would suddendly occur out of the blue. Never had issues before...

The whole thing is very frustrating... *Sad

Would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions you can give.

Thanks,

Alex

DESKTOP-RGUNGUB-(2020-01-22_15-58-09).zip

:)

Adangerred, Jan 23, 2020

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I'm starting to lose track of what we're disagreeing on. I can't say what was on the mind of whoever designed the technique in the past, but today it is a tool available to any supporting platform where the users need it. Hybrid sleep is functionally a suspension to disk without clearing the ram, at its core it is a hibernation. Arguing which method is for which platform is -with all due respect- a waste of time. I would agree to the argument that Hybrid sleep is more versatile than simple hibernation, though, but that doesn't make hibernation a non valid method of suspension on desktops. And if someone intended for long down-times or expected power loss, the differences between hibernation and hybrid sleep become inexistent.

For the frequent blackouts part, we have to consider the scope of the issue here: whoever opts to use any suspension method, hibernation, sleep or hybrid sleep, does so explicitly to avoid shutting down the computer (for whichever reason they wanted). Anecdotal example: I'm off to work in the morning, but I do not want to close all the software and web pages I have open (and they can be many) and restart them later, so I have the choice of either sleep or hibernate (or hybrid methods), but with any S state less than 4, I run the risk of a blackout forcing me to what I avoided shutting down for, so I elect to use hibernation (or hybrid sleep, of which the hibernation part is what's needed).

A UPS is indeed a must have, but alas, not all of us live in the first world!

VRAM isn't wiped post-wake up, per se. The only way to wipe the entire memory is relieving if of power. Hibernation does have that effect in the suspension process (going into hibernation), upon waking up it repopulates the memory with what was occupying it before turning off (though I don't know if it was actually this simple).
    What was I referring to in my previous post is Windows' memory manager's functionality. When a process is closed (eg: Alt+F4ed the main window, killed in task manager, etc), all its memory heap is then freed up for other processes to use. So, any memory that is used when a computer wakes is for actually running processes, waking up won't reserve memory for anything else (other than hardware, I guess?)

Computers can be weird. I once had a recurring issue with Microsoft's Security Essential where it starts eating up all my ram after waking up from sleep. And I'm talking about 20GB of physical memory! Still don't know what caused that bug though. Couldn't reproduce it in later Windows installations on the same hardware either.
    And don't get me even started on those cheap Chinese hardware!

Shihabyooo, Jan 23, 2020
  3. zukisocks Win User
    Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

computer wont wake up in Vista

thanks, The problem was that on hitting ESC or any key on the keyboard wont wake up the PC either. This seems to be a common problem with Vista from the posts here.
    When I pressed the power button funnily enough, it woke up - then I disabled the mouse ability to wake up as you said. I am not sure what the difference is between hibernate and sleep mode. I pressed start and hit sleep last time, perhaps this time I will try hitting hibernate instead. Mind I shouldnt have to do this then I am manually putting it in hibernate or sleep - isnt it supposed to go into sleep mode itself?
    Sometimes I am glad I still have Wndows XP and my other PC hee.

zukisocks, Jan 23, 2020
  4. yakideo Win User

Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation.

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation.

1. Computer crasches when waking up from Sleep Mode or Hibernation. - Similar Threads - Computer crasches waking

2. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  3. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  4. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation: Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"...
  5. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  6. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  7. Computer reboots instead of waking up from Sleep/Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer reboots instead of waking up from Sleep/Hibernate mode: When I put my notebook (ASUS N750JK) to sleep at the end of the day, the next morning it reboots instead of waking up. Every time it happens, the Event Log shows a Critical Event (KernelPower, Event ID 41, I have a log file). It has been happening consistently for the past...
  8. Enable NUMLOCK when computer wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NUMLOCK when computer wakes up from sleep mode: I am from the Netherlands so apologies for my English in advance! I am doing everything that is mentioned in this post:Click this link. The Powershell script works because when I go to the file and I right click it and then choose 'run with Powershell' the NUMLOCK is turned...
  9. Airplane Mode Is On When Computer Wakes Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Is On When Computer Wakes Up From Sleep: Hi, I am on 10565 Pro version though this occured in last build too. Whenever I come back to my pc in the morning after putting it in hibernate mode for the night my airplane mode is always on. I notice it first by my bluetooth mouse being disconnected and then wifi...
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576