Windows 10: Computer crash and recovery

Discus and support Computer crash and recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have an older Lenovo all in one that crashed. bought a new computer old hard drive seems ok and I can access some file using an external usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steve lepkowski, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Computer crash and recovery

Have an older Lenovo all in one that crashed.

bought a new computer

old hard drive seems ok and I can access some file using an external usb interface.

I am trying to recover files that were located in the user directory but it wont let me see them or transfer them. I suspect is because I used a windows password (windows10) when I started my omputer. Is there anyway I can recover these files?

:)

steve lepkowski, Apr 20, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 20, 2019
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Computer crash and recovery

my computer crashed

Hi,

Usually, system crash are caused by system file corruption, a driver issue, or a hardware failure. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are there any error messages associated with the crash?

Please check if you can start your computer in safe mode. To do so, follow the instructions found

here

If you're able to successfully boot into safe mode, we suggest that you perform a reset by following the steps under the
    Reset your PC section of this
    article
    . This procedure has an option that allows you to keep your files before reinstalling Windows.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Computer crash and recovery

1. Computer crash and recovery - Similar Threads - Computer crash recovery

2. Computer Booting to Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Booting to Recovery: Hey,Just yesterday I performed a Windows update, there were two updates that were downloaded, Windows suggested to restart so I did and walked away, when I returned the computer was shut off and had no restarted.Thinking nothing of this I turned the computer back on and was...
  3. Computer Booting to Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Booting to Recovery: Hey,Just yesterday I performed a Windows update, there were two updates that were downloaded, Windows suggested to restart so I did and walked away, when I returned the computer was shut off and had no restarted.Thinking nothing of this I turned the computer back on and was...
  4. Notebook crash, recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notebook crash, recovery: ^ Several mnths ago my Asus ux31a crashed, started with a stopcode for Kmode exception. notebook crashes at various times in bootup and very often goes straight to bios, 4 reboots usually gets me to safe mode, so tried to clean up many times, no issues with...
  5. Windows crash with update recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows crash with update recovery: During WIN10 update the operating system on my PC was corrupted and would not self-repair. I was only able to re-install and reactivate my WIN10 installation and then reinstall my programs data was all backed up. After activating and with some use I realized that I was...
  6. Computer Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing: Hey, I just upgraded my pc, and i started to have a problems with it BSoD, Freezing Sys. Spec. I have new SSD KingstonSA400 system drive and 2 older HDDs My motherboard is Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and i have 2x 8GB memory When i open Event Viewer...
  7. Computer Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashing: My computer keeps crashing on a regular basis. I received this from the reliability program. Can anyone assist me in interpreting this output? Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎9/‎21/‎2019 10:55 AM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware...
  8. Recovery of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery of computer: I recently had to recovery my computer going back to Windows 7. I have reinstalled Windows 10, but I accidently renamed my COMPUTER and now not all of my products from Win 10 is compatible. How do I either rename my computer to the original name or fix the incompatibly...
  9. Computer crashed during recovery mode install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashed during recovery mode install of Windows 10: Hi Recently my laptop starting having problems with a driver, and kept on BSOD'ing saying the error was "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE-DRIVER". The problem eventually got so bad that my laptop would freeze almost every time i went to turn it on. So i decided the best option would...
  10. Computer Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Crash: I own a dell computer that came running Windows 7 Pro, I bought it from someone else after it had been reformatted, it has a 128 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, an Intel Core i7 vPro, is using the Logitech G700s Gaming mouse, 2 monitors, & a TP-Link wifi adapter. It is now running Windows...