Windows 10: Computer crash - black screen - windows 10

Discus and support Computer crash - black screen - windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello - it appears that malware hit our computer and knocked out everything. We inserted another hdd from a healthy computer that is not being used any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by livingem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. livingem Win User

Computer crash - black screen - windows 10

Hello - it appears that malware hit our computer and knocked out everything. We inserted another hdd from a healthy computer that is not being used any more. we did a quick format on that drive. The following message comes up when we insert a windows 10 disk or an Acronis True Image bootable disk. The message is "reboot and select proper device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key." I get as far as the "Recover" option and select the backup from an external drive. The next screen that comes up shows Free space before: 0.983 MB, Partition size 3.639 TB, free space after: 839.5 KB. and then it goes nowhere. I would prefer to use the Acronis backup, but, if necessary, I would only install windows 10. I just need to get my computer up and running. Thank you in advance.

:)

livingem, Nov 17, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Computer crash - black screen - windows 10

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Computer crash - black screen - windows 10

1. Computer crash - black screen - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer crash black

2. Computer running slow, black screen crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow, black screen crashing: Computer’s performance is slow and completely shuts down/black screen crashes unexplainably, opening Discord, opening a new tab in my browser, home screen, on bootup, updating drivers… I’ve had this problem for 3 or 4 weeks, last week it worked perfectly for about 2 days then...
  3. Computer running slow, black screen crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running slow, black screen crashing: Computer’s performance is slow and completely shuts down/black screen crashes unexplainably, opening Discord, opening a new tab in my browser, home screen, on bootup, updating drivers… I’ve had this problem for 3 or 4 weeks, last week it worked perfectly for about 2 days then...
  4. Computer running slow, black screen crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10

Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10: So since I bought my pc a year ago I encounter some weird issue: My PC crashes with a blackscreen of Death, sometimes I hear Audio until I press the power button for one second Like I wanted to normally shut down the system and it seems to shut down. It most likely happens in...
  6. Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?: Hi, I am experiencing some issues with my computer, which is a windows 10 machine. Sometimes, on startup, I will get a black screen when turning it on. This seems to be becoming more frequent. Secondly, windows has crashed and needed to restart twice over the past week. I...
  7. computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on: at seemingly random times, whether i was on the computer all day or it started up a few minutes ago my computer will crash to a black screen and immediately restart windows and boot up on its own, i'm worried, what could be the issue?...
  8. Windows 10 randomly black screens then crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly black screens then crashes: Hey. For the past week my computer is randomly crashing. The computer freezes with a static noise coming from the speakers then there is a black screen without sound but the computer is on and then the computer crashes and starts booting to windows again. I tried sfc /scannow...
  9. Computer crashing with unusual black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashing with unusual black screen: Hey All, Have a weird one that I have never seen before. after about an hour or so of the computer running (just a Dell Dimension E521, 4gb ram, 1TB HDD) the screen goes black and at the top in white letters states: "Boot from CD: No boot device detected, insert system...
  10. Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen): Hi, First of all, english is not my native language (I'm from Argentina, land of great soccer players and the worst politicians), so you'll have to excuse my english. Here's my problem: I have a desktop PC that I built 5 years ago. It's a little bit old, but works fine...