Windows 10: Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

Discus and support Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been facing some BSOD errors for quite some time now, have tried multiple things but nothing worked for me so far. The errors are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SidFou, Jan 8, 2021.

1. SidFou Win User

Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

Hi all,

I have been facing some BSOD errors for quite some time now, have tried multiple things but nothing worked for me so far. The errors are random and occur with no pattern they are not frequent but I face them maybe twice a week randomly. I tried installing WhoCrashed to check what is causing the problem but it seems it cant point me in the right direction. following are the analysis of some recent errors. I will also be attaching a system log file at the bottom of this

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Fri 1/8/2021 10:20:00 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010821-9750-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5780
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFFCC8C64F8D080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/8/2021 10:20:00 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys ntdll!NtTerminateProcess+0x14
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFFCC8C64F8D080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys .
    Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

On Mon 1/4/2021 7:16:42 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010421-6328-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 0x4, 0xFFFFF8061E281010, 0xFFFFF8061E280F68, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 1/1/2021 4:46:16 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\010121-10890-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1 0x7FFEDEF6C1D4, 0x0, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFFDE0CEDBF9B80
    Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 12/28/2020 11:36:34 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122820-5875-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys 0xFFFFF80373D5443E
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 0xFFFFCD014D187968, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80373D5443E, 0x2
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
    description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Thu 12/24/2020 9:13:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122420-7328-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0xFFFFF10285A4CA40, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8033960D05C
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

OneDrive link to the system logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvbqmeyaDq0WjxiMjI8u2Gek0HHR

:)

SidFou, Jan 8, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Elliot B. Win User
    Explorer.exe crashes whenever I try to open a network computer

I have a Windows 10 computer that is experiencing some unusual problems accessing networked computers and devices.

If I go to "This PC" (My Computer) and expand the "Network" section in the left-hand navigation bar, I can see all of the computers on our network. However, if I double click on the icon for one of those networked computers, explorer.exe will crash, I temporarily lose the start bar and then moments later explorer.exe restarts.

I captured a dump of the crash and this is the stack:

It would appear that Windows_UI_Xaml is causing the crash somehow, but unfortunately that DLL seems to be a pretty central part of Windows 10. Googling for issues with the DLL and crashes related to networked computers has turned up nothing.

For what it's worth, this computer also cannot find any of the shared networked printers on my network and I've been unable to get it to join the "Homegroup" to share devices. I do not have these problems for other computers on the network.

Any ideas on the root cause of the crashing? Any suggestions for additional troubleshooting steps?

Elliot B., Jan 8, 2021
  4. Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

NTDLL error persistent

Hi Antoniyap,

Thank you for posting here in the Community forum. We would like to inquire if the NTDLL error issue that you posted here has already been resolved. If not, kindly post here the troubleshooting steps that you have taken in order to avoid repetition.

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

1. Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys - Similar Threads - Computer Crash related

2. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games: hello,recently most of my games kept crashing and these 2 errors kept popping upthis happens few weeks ago but the problem just suddenly gone and now its back and what started this issue is battlefield 2042i uninstalled battlefield 2042 and deleted everything related to it...
  3. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games: hello,recently most of my games kept crashing and these 2 errors kept popping upthis happens few weeks ago but the problem just suddenly gone and now its back and what started this issue is battlefield 2042i uninstalled battlefield 2042 and deleted everything related to it...
  4. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys

BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys: Hi,I've been experiencing intermittent BSOD crashes in Windows 10. The most recent one had a message relating to dxgmms2.sys, and previous crashes seem to implicate a driver/drivers being the cause of these crashes. I have run memory tests and found nothing wrong with the...
  6. Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys: Hey everyone - once in a while on startup my system BSODs, and today I decided I wanted to figure out why. Thank you for any help that you're able to provide! Here is the link to the mini-dump file zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw4if5e495iuyov/111520-8250-01.zip?dl=0...
  7. Computer Crash Related to ntdll.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Crash Related to ntdll.sys: System Information local Computer name: DESKTOP-H2UO6H5 Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 Windows dir: C:\Windows Hardware: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1xxx, HP, 84C1 CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 8664, level: 6 8 logical...
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...
  9. ntdll crash

ntdll crash: hi, ntdll.dll crash with this:' Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: SilverFast 8.exe, version 8.8.0.18, tidsstämpel 0x5dfa0415 , felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 10.0.18362.418, tidsstämpel 0x99ca0526 Undantagskod: 0xc0000374 Felförskjutning:...
  10. NTDLL crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    NTDLL crash: Hey, Since a few weeks I experience crash-to-desktops for different software. The relevant program starts up and closes after about 2-10 seconds after which I see the desktop. No error message appears. When I look at "Windows Logs" the crash would have to do with the...