Windows 10: Computer crash when playing VR

Discus and support Computer crash when playing VR in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VitorCH, Jan 17, 2023.

1. VitorCH Win User

Computer crash when playing VR

basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability history, it literally doesnt say anything on both of them that points out to what may be happeningmy preset is:gpu: RX570 8GBCPU: i3 810016 GB rammotherboard: gigabyte m310M S2PPSU: gamemax GM500 500W

:)

VitorCH, Jan 17, 2023
  2. userdert Win User

window mixed reality can not play top-bottom VR file. i can only play side by side VR

window mixed reality can not play top-bottom VR file by Movie & TV. i can only play side by side vr. any solution to play up-bottom VR?

userdert, Jan 17, 2023
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 17, 2023
  4. Miggle Win User

Friends computer crashing

Hello, my friends computer keeps crashing when ever he tries to play SC2 ( or anything that involves extensive videocard use) , I think he has a GT280X. I'm not sure if its a heat issue, or damage to the card, or what. Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Miggle, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

1. Computer crash when playing VR - Similar Threads - Computer crash playing

2. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  3. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  4. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  5. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  6. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer crashes when playing games

Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  8. Computer crashes when playing games

Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  9. VR Crashing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VR Crashing issue: This is an issue I've been trying to fix for a while now. I've previously contacted Microsoft support about this, but recently they went silent on me and it keeps saying the chat is unavailable, which is why I'm trying my luck here.Whenever I play "Half-Life: Alyx", I always...
  10. Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I have been getting crashes specifically while playing VR and during more demanding moments specifically, Alyx, often but not exclusively when loading levels and sometimes in other situations. It's a hard problem to reproduce because it usually happens during an extended play...