Windows 10: Computer crash when watching video

Discus and support Computer crash when watching video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Every time i start viewing a video, it crashes. Displaying: Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVER EXCEPTION What failed: ddkmd.sys Ive tried everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Linus_Flyborg, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Computer crash when watching video

Hello,

Every time i start viewing a video, it crashes. Displaying:

Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVER EXCEPTION

What failed: ddkmd.sys

Ive tried everything that i can think of to get it to work.

Hopefully someone can help me, otherwise i will have to reset the computer.

Thanks for your time Computer crash when watching video :)

:)

Linus_Flyborg, Jan 8, 2019

2. windows 10 crashing when watching videos online

Hi Sean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Windows 10 crashing while watching videos online.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following details.

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?
    • Do you face the same issue when using Microsoft Edge ?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.

• Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

• In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
        Update.
    Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 8, 2019
  3. windows 10 crashing when watching videos online

Yes I have completed said steps and still this is an issue. I have updated graphics drivers, windows, the whole 9 yards.

JokerJ2442, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Computer crash when watching video

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer crash when watching video

1. Computer crash when watching video - Similar Threads - Computer crash watching

2. Computer crashes and restarts when watching videos

in Windows 10 News
    Computer crashes and restarts when watching videos: [IMG]If your Windows 11/10 computer crashes or restarts when watching videos, the solutions provided in this article will help you. According to the reports, the computer crashes or restarts every time users watch a video. The issue happens on playing a video on a media...
  3. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  4. Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that their Windows computer freezes or crashes when watching videos. It does not matter whether they watch videos online in their web browsers or offline in media player software, their computer either freezes or crashes. If you are facing the...
  5. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  6. Edge crashes when watching you tube videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge crashes when watching you tube videos: Only today I noticed when trying to watch a you tube video MS edge just simply goes blank and doesn't respond. Why is this? worked fine yesterday. could windows have sneaked an unnecessary update in whilst my back was turned?? Anyone have any advice? Thanks...
  7. Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.: Every time I watch a video from YouTube (or any other site) or when a website is playing ads with videos, my computer freezes and nothing works until I do a hard reset of the pc. I have a Dell Precision 690. Haven't noticed any other issues and the reliability history tells...
  8. BSOD when watching videos

BSOD when watching videos: hi when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like kmode_exception_not_handled or irql_not_less_or_equal problem doesn't finish here it happens in groove music and movies and TV after a blue...
  9. PC Crashes when watching video

PC Crashes when watching video: Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again. I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have a Nvidia, I have updated the drivers to the latest and removed all AMD drivers but still getting the issue. Please can...
  10. Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS: Hello Everyone, Since I updated/upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) my computer freezes very often when watching videos. At first I thought it was a bad installation (garbage left out from my Windows 7 since I had not formatted my computer in a long time)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crash when watching video on youtube