Windows 10: Computer crash - Will not start

Discus and support Computer crash - Will not start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Version10.0.19042 Build 19042 About two weeks ago, on my HP Desktop computer, I noticed a couple of strange reactions to one of my apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrWho, Feb 16, 2021.

1. MrWho Win User

Computer crash - Will not start

Windows 10 - Version10.0.19042 Build 19042
    About two weeks ago, on my HP Desktop computer, I noticed a couple of strange reactions to one of my apps, LibreOffice. When I tried to access anything, writer, calc, etc., a message would pop up stating that the computer had crashed. If I responded by pressing almost any keyboard key, the desired program would open. As the days went on, the computer slowed to a crawl, took several minutes to start, and just did not react normally.
    I tried to restore it to an earlier date, but that failed. There were no restore points.
    Eventually, I gave up and decided to do a complete computer reset. It had been some time since I did this so I thought it would be good for the computer anyway.
    Everything appeared to be going along nicely up till near the end. A message popped up stating the reset had failed and I should try again. Each time I started the computer the same message would pop up and that is the state the computer is in at this time.
    When I start the computer, it appears to start normally but then up pops that #&^% message.
    I can access BIAS and it looks to be quite normal.
    I have not a clue as to what happened, why it happened, or even exactly when it happened. I know where it happened but that doesn't help at all. The computer is dead as a doorknob.
    I would like to get things back in order but do not know how to proceed. Is there some way to do this? I am on the verge of calling in a computer tech but thought I would ask here first.
    Thanks for reading.
    jrj

Desktop
    Windows 10 - Home
    HP 24-b270nj
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 12.0 GB
    2 TB hard dsik
    ssd SanDisk SD8SMAT-128G-1006

:)

MrWho, Feb 16, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    my computer crashed

Hi,

Usually, system crash are caused by system file corruption, a driver issue, or a hardware failure. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are there any error messages associated with the crash?

Please check if you can start your computer in safe mode. To do so, follow the instructions found

here

If you're able to successfully boot into safe mode, we suggest that you perform a reset by following the steps under the
    Reset your PC section of this
    article
    . This procedure has an option that allows you to keep your files before reinstalling Windows.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Computer crash - Will not start

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Computer crash - Will not start

1. Computer crash - Will not start - Similar Threads - Computer crash start

2. Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.: So for the past 2 months I have been getting complete system crashes when playing games or blue screens on both win 10 and now currently 11 such as system thread exception not handled or driver irql less or not equal or kernel related ones. Can someone please help me? I tried...
  3. Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens and starting to be frequent crashes on my computer.: So for the past 2 months I have been getting complete system crashes when playing games or blue screens on both win 10 and now currently 11 such as system thread exception not handled or driver irql less or not equal or kernel related ones. Can someone please help me? I tried...
  4. Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode: My ASUS ZenBook has always been a little... quirky, especially with the screenpad always acting wonky coming out of a reset. But in the past couple months, it started to just open to a screen of nothing with just the cursor on it, sometimes eventually crashing, but usually...
  5. Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has started crashing during and leaving sleep mode: My ASUS ZenBook has always been a little... quirky, especially with the screenpad always acting wonky coming out of a reset. But in the past couple months, it started to just open to a screen of nothing with just the cursor on it, sometimes eventually crashing, but usually...
  6. Computer crashes/reboot , peripherals not starting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes/reboot , peripherals not starting.: Hello , i have an issue since one or two weeks but now it became more frequent. My computer frequently crashes It freezes and then shows me a weird white , yellow and green screen then reboots , it happens when a program launches i think , something a little heavy like a...
  7. Starting in "normal startup" crashes my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting in "normal startup" crashes my computer: Hi, I noticed today that I had been using "selective startup" for months now, as such I reverted to "normal startup" and every time I reboot the system crashes with the notice that the computer has to be repaired or something similar. As I have a Macrium Reflect image, I...
  8. Compute has started crashing constantly

Compute has started crashing constantly: I had an update last Thursday, and after that my computer has been crashing constantly. It actually crashed twice while trying to type this. I've tried undoing the update and restoring my computer to an older version, but that still hasn't helped. Every crash has the same...
  9. Start Crashing

Start Crashing: Help with Start crashing everytime I click on it!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/start-crashing/7e3ef6e1-99e8-4408-95b8-775f30892636
  10. Computer Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Crash: I own a dell computer that came running Windows 7 Pro, I bought it from someone else after it had been reformatted, it has a 128 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, an Intel Core i7 vPro, is using the Logitech G700s Gaming mouse, 2 monitors, & a TP-Link wifi adapter. It is now running Windows...