Windows 10: Computer Crash with stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Discus and support Computer Crash with stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I did a Windows update 2 days ago and since then whenever I try to use VSCode it seems to crash with BSOD.The message is "Your Windows Insider Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by afeng126, May 4, 2021.

1. afeng126 Win User

Computer Crash with stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hi I did a Windows update 2 days ago and since then whenever I try to use VSCode it seems to crash with BSOD.The message is "Your Windows Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you"and the stop code is KERNEL_SECUTRITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I've followed the instructions from other posts with this same question but those posts date back a few years.My computer has crashed several times and at frequent intervals when I use VSCode. It's been hard to do work.I've done the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic -> no issues

:)

afeng126, May 4, 2021
  2. Hayzie93 Win User

Multiple Stop Codes: Windows 10 crash

Hey Guys,

Recently, my main desktop Windows 10 machine has started to crash. I think it could be due to the latest 'massive' windows update. But before rolling back to a previous build (I'd prefer to keep the security updates), it'd be good to get some expert help
    on what the multiple stop codes I'm getting actually mean and what they may point to.

Initially, I thought it may have been because my system was getting junked up, so I did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated like normal. This did not fix the problem.

Here are the stop codes I've been getting since the clean install and the number of times its occurred:

• BAD_POOL_HEADER (4)
      • Can happen on startup when reaching the desktop.
      • While watching YouTube.
      • While computer was idle on the desktop.
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (3)
      • Happens on startup after reaching desktop.
      • Crashed with this stop code when opening chrome.
    • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (1)
      • Happen after some time with low system load.
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1)
      • On start up.
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (1)
      • Chrome tabs kept crashing immediately before system crash.
    Some the processes I've tried to fix or diagnose:

• Ran the windows memory check. Came back all good.
    • Ran the driver verifier. This caused drivers to crash when trying log into the desktop. Cause was: USB_Ethernet_Adaptor.sys. The device I use for internet is the TP-Link TL-WN822N Wireless USB adapter. In case that information could help diagnose the problem.
    I've included the minidump files from the last few days when the crashes occured, and my system info here: Dropbox - File Deleted

I'd greatly appreciate any tips on how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Sam.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hayzie93, May 4, 2021
  3. Computer keeps crashing and having BSoD.

/query gave me a list, I read through it and found nothing mentioning driver_verifier_detected_violation. When I crashed, the PC froze. It simply stopped.

Edit: My computer crashed again, this time with a BSoD. It said KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Right before it crashed, my keyboard wouldn't enter anything, it acted as if it had no power going to it.

Prototype464XBL, May 4, 2021
  4. Joenaldo Win User

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes.

My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs:

• DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY

That being said it's nearly always the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error; the other messages haven't happened more than once or twice each.

I've attached the DM Log but I'm fairly new at this so please let me know if there is any other information that would help fix this.

Help me Ten Forums, you're my only help.

Attachment 52025

Joenaldo, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Crash with stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - Similar Threads - Computer Crash stop

2. Computer crashing [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE]: When I first received this computer, it had been crashing due to KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Back then I performed all the advice on the internet but ultimately performed a clean install of Windows 11. After that, there had been almost no crashes. But now over the last...
  3. Computer crashing [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE]: When I first received this computer, it had been crashing due to KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Back then I performed all the advice on the internet but ultimately performed a clean install of Windows 11. After that, there had been almost no crashes. But now over the last...
  4. Computer crashing with stop code: Kernel_mode_heap_corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing with stop code: Kernel_mode_heap_corruption: I've been playing several steam games the last couple of weeks and out of nowhere the game will crash and say either "Out of memory requested 1619 KB, footprint 1486257217 KB." Or "Out of memory, your swap file is too small only 0 MB of free space left. Increase your swap...
  5. Computer crashing with stop code: Kernel_mode_heap_corruption

Computer crashing with stop code: Kernel_mode_heap_corruption: I've been playing several steam games the last couple of weeks and out of nowhere the game will crash and say either "Out of memory requested 1619 KB, footprint 1486257217 KB." Or "Out of memory, your swap file is too small only 0 MB of free space left. Increase your swap...
  6. Stop Code: Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code: Kernel_Security_Check_Failure: Hello,I have a Dell XPS 8930 running windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10. I am trying to clone the 2tb NVME drive to a 4tb NVME drive. I have tried several makes of cloning software and they all say the clone was successful, but the clone will not boot. I keep getting the Stop...
  7. Stop Code: Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

Stop Code: Kernel_Security_Check_Failure: Hello,I have a Dell XPS 8930 running windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10. I am trying to clone the 2tb NVME drive to a 4tb NVME drive. I have tried several makes of cloning software and they all say the clone was successful, but the clone will not boot. I keep getting the Stop...
  8. Stop code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I get the BSOD and my PC reboots. How do I fix this? Is there an "easy" way? Is there a 3rd party reliable, safe, program that can fix this? submitted by /u/MrOptiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp1yit/stop_code_kernel_security_check_failure/
  9. Windows 1903 update failed with error: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 update failed with error: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE issue: Since yesterday, I've tried to upgrade to the Windows 1903 version (May/31/2019) without any success. At the first time, I reached 71% of completion and, then, the "Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" blue screen appeared. At the second time, I reached about 82% of...
  10. BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: This has happened more than 30 times already within 5 hours span. The crash happens at random and I have no idea of knowing when it will happen. Infact, it crashed 3 times while I was trying to post this. This problem has never occurred before upgraded to Windows 10. I...