Windows 10: computer crashed and hard restart now wont activate.

Discus and support computer crashed and hard restart now wont activate. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my pc crashed the other day and ever since it says i need to activate my windows 10. It was previously activated from free upgrade yrs ago but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jimmygman, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Jimmygman Win User

computer crashed and hard restart now wont activate.

So my pc crashed the other day and ever since it says i need to activate my windows 10. It was previously activated from free upgrade yrs ago but now just get error codes and virtual assistant is usless. any ideas?

:)

Jimmygman, Dec 5, 2019

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Dec 5, 2019
  3. little cat, Dec 5, 2019
  4. mystikl Win User

Computer restarting

So I get up this morning and start my computer, I try to check my mail then out of the blue it restarts. After a few more crashes I started the usual troubleshooting: I unplugged everything except the keyboard, cleared CMOS and checked for loose cables. Didn't work. I ruled out the OS (Windows 7) due to the computer restarting even while it was in BIOS.
    What could it be, hard drive, video card, motherboard?

mystikl, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. computer crashed and hard restart now wont activate. - Similar Threads - computer crashed hard

2. computer crashed and now it wont let me activate key to reinstall windows 10 from 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashed and now it wont let me activate key to reinstall windows 10 from 7?: computer crashed had windows 10 upgrade for free and only have windows 7 home premium and now it wont let me activate key to reinstall windows 10 ?...
  3. computer crashed and now it wont let me activate key to reinstall windows 10 from 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer crashed and now it wont let me activate key to reinstall windows 10 from 7?: computer crashed had windows 10 upgrade for free and only have windows 7 home premium and now it wont let me activate key to reinstall windows 10 ?...
  4. Computer Crash then Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crash then Restart: Subject is what happened, happens all the time out of nowhere, sometimes even BSOD.. Minidump link belowhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/u8dq6tk0mabt5s0/092822-14984-01.dmp/fileNeed help figuring out the crash...
  5. Computer Crash then Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crash then Restart: Subject is what happened, happens all the time out of nowhere, sometimes even BSOD.. Minidump link belowhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/u8dq6tk0mabt5s0/092822-14984-01.dmp/fileNeed help figuring out the crash...
  6. Computer Crash then Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer Crash/Restart

Computer Crash/Restart: Ok, so this has been an ongoing issue for months. My PC will do a hard crash and restart at seemingly random times. I have upgraded RAM, PSU, and CPU Cooler. I have done a fresh windows install on a different drive. I don't know what else to try other than replacing more...
  8. My computer just froze and now wont restart

My computer just froze and now wont restart: Hello My son was on PC and it just went blank. It's a new computer Jan 20. It asks me on a blue screen to choose an option I have tried them all! It states it's running an automatic repair and that just requests restart PC or further troubleshoot. I've tried both to no...
  9. My computer wont restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wont restart: Recently I have been unable to successfully restart my computer. I have been using a used RX 570 graphics card that had been used for mining, and I ran into error 43. I have been using the atikpatcher to bypass the problem for months until I tried again and it didn't work,...
  10. Computer crashed and wont restart

Computer crashed and wont restart: My Lenovo PC suddenly shut down today and when I restarted it I got a BSOD with a 'bad pool header' message. I did eventually restart but soon shut down again with a 'k mode exception not handled' message. Now when I restart I get a blue page 'RECOVERY Your computer could not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what keys to us for rebooting a computer thats crashed