Windows 10: computer crashed and now webcam light is always on?

Discus and support computer crashed and now webcam light is always on? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am working from home which is especially worrisome. I have a lenovo IdeaPad that i just bought a couple months ago. I turned my computer on, went to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kaitken13, Jun 4, 2020.

1. kaitken13 Win User

computer crashed and now webcam light is always on?

I am working from home which is especially worrisome. I have a lenovo IdeaPad that i just bought a couple months ago. I turned my computer on, went to my company email page on Chrome and was looking at an email. My computer crashed out of no where, blue screen with a sad face and some message but it was all jumbled and broken, couldn't make any of it out. Computer restarted and its been fine except now my webcam light is on. It turned on as soon as it rebooted.

I'm a little paranoid, I ran a microsoft security check that someone mentioned in another thread and it showed no malware in any of my files. I turned off the settings to allow Cortana to listen and turned off app permissions for both camera and microphone. Has anyone else had this happen? Am I being a little crazy thinking someone is spying on me? Not sure what else to do besides factory reset.

:)

kaitken13, Jun 4, 2020

2. webcam

Hi Wendy,

This is a common concern when the camera is not plugged in properly. To further isolate the root cause, provide information on the following:

• Tell us more on what's happening when you try the camera. (black screen, no lights, no power, etc)
    • Is this happening on Skype only and not on other apps?
    • Tell us any troubleshooting steps you've done for us to avoid repeating it.

For now, we suggest following Skype's support article regarding this type of concerns.

We'll wait for your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jun 4, 2020
  4. computer crashed and now webcam light is always on?

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

computer crashed and now webcam light is always on?

1. computer crashed and now webcam light is always on? - Similar Threads - computer crashed webcam

2. Computer doesn't always restart - Debug Light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't always restart - Debug Light: Hello. My PC starts up fine for the most part. Sometimes when I attempt to restart my PC after an update, the monitors stay black and the computer stays on but the EZ Debug yellow light will stay lit causing me to hold the power button to completely turn it off. Then I simply...
  3. Computer doesn't always restart - Debug Light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't always restart - Debug Light: Hello. My PC starts up fine for the most part. Sometimes when I attempt to restart my PC after an update, the monitors stay black and the computer stays on but the EZ Debug yellow light will stay lit causing me to hold the power button to completely turn it off. Then I simply...
  4. Webcam light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  5. Webcam light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  6. Night Light Always On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Always On: Night light is always on.When i turn it off it disappear for a second and then night light turn on again. It just can’t turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-always-on/8f264273-b909-43f1-b3b4-a3f8705ba7fc
  7. Night Light always on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light always on: My Window's 10 night light has been permanently on even when the night light switch has been disabled. I initially thought it was an issue with my screen, but my laptop screen did display blue light occasionally during start-up albeit for only a few mere seconds, so the main...
  8. night light always on

night light always on: Hello, with my lenova laptop, the night like is always on regardless if the night light mode is on or not. Also my cursor is now light blue. Is there any ways I can fix this? Thank you,...
  9. always on night light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    always on night light: Hi, I currently have an issue where night light seems to be on currently, every now and then the screen will flash to normal brightness and then night light comes back on. I have doubled checked it is off, I have the most up to date version of windows and for my nvidia...
  10. Light on the touchpad is always on

Light on the touchpad is always on: I use Toshiba Satallite and faced an issue. The white light on the touchpad is always on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/light-on-the-touchpad-is-always-on/e4e6bb99-1d48-4a88-ae27-595ae0b45fbe