Windows 10: Computer crashed and settings menu went back to old version.

Discus and support Computer crashed and settings menu went back to old version. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was playing Minecraft Java and I got a blue screen. After it restarted I went into my settings to update my AMD drive only to find the menu back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SethToth, May 5, 2021 at 2:32 AM.

1. SethToth Win User

Computer crashed and settings menu went back to old version.

So I was playing Minecraft Java and I got a blue screen. After it restarted I went into my settings to update my AMD drive only to find the menu back on the old version. Is there a way to fix this? I am also at current Windows 10 version as well if that helps.

:)

2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 5, 2021 at 2:34 AM
  4. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Computer crashed and settings menu went back to old version. [​IMG]

Computer crashed and settings menu went back to old version. [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Computer crashed and settings menu went back to old version. - Similar Threads - Computer crashed settings

2. How to get old start menu colour back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old start menu colour back?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir_Nexus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juc2i8/how_to_get_old_start_menu_colour_back/
  3. Any way to get back the old v1511 Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to get back the old v1511 Start Menu?: I was having a problem with my Windows 10 Pro v1903 and needed to temporarily install a much older version v1511 to fix my computer. I like the old v1511 Start Menu MUCH better alphabetical list of "all programs" replaced with a single "All apps" link. Is there any way to...
  4. Start menu not working, settings crashes, microsoft edge crashes

Start menu not working, settings crashes, microsoft edge crashes: Pretty sure all are working yesterday, haven't done much besides watching youtube. Windows 10. Today, when I click on start menu, my mouse quickly shows a loading icon and nothing happens. I've been playing around in hopes it will help any technician diagnose this problem,...
  5. Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7: Hi - wondering if anyone can advise. I have an external hard drive which i've had for years and have in the past backed up various computers using back up and restore. I find that these Back Up Sets are taking a huge amount of space up on the external hard drive and as a...
  6. Changed default app mode to dark. When I went back to settings to change it back, the...

Changed default app mode to dark. When I went back to settings to change it back, the...: I changed my default app mode to dark under (Personalization -> colors). I realized I didn't like it (since it didn't contrast properly with Google). When I went back to the setting to change it back, the option to switch between light and dark was completely gone...
  7. Get old version of Wordament back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get old version of Wordament back: Is there a way to get the old version of Wordament back. The upgrade sucks big . Microsoft really screwed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordaament/ff18580a-4a12-4a96-a557-b493511844e0
  8. My minecraft world crashed and when I went back on it was deleted

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My minecraft world crashed and when I went back on it was deleted: Today I was going on minecraft and I hopped on my world but It was lagging whilst loading so I restarted my laptop and when I came back on it was deleted.I am very sad that I lost this world as I was working on it for months and months and all I wish right now is to have my...
  9. computer set back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer set back: Can anyone tell me how to reset my computer back a few days ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-set-back/cb7d25b8-0b03-4140-ba13-ccc8ba598a40
  10. How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu: See tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html ​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run" Type "regedit" Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it...