Windows 10: Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

Discus and support Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I was attempting to solve an issue of my PC crashing not to blue screen regularly, I installed Display Driver Uninstaller and was in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Liam Walsh1, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

Hello everyone,I was attempting to solve an issue of my PC crashing not to blue screen regularly, I installed Display Driver Uninstaller and was in the middle of doing a 'Clean and Restart' I was in Windows Safe Mode when my computer crashed again and turned off. I turned it back on but now the display is not working, the computer sounds like it is working, and the keyboard and mouse are on, but there is just a black screen. Worried that I've really messed something up, I'm not sure what to do next so please helpThank you

:)

Liam Walsh1, Dec 9, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 9, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

Computer will randomly crash without a BSOD or Error and stays powered

Did that stuff with DDU step by step and had another crash just now while playing a game.

Saw a return of previous errors in the Event Manager.

• 1 instance of Critical: "Kernel-Power"
    • 2 instances of Error: "Application Error", "Faulting application name: dwm.exe"
    • 1 instance of Error: "EventLog"
    • 1 instance of Warning: "Dwminit", "The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. (Process exit code: 0xe0464645, Restart count: 1, Primary display device ID: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080)"

TheWolfish, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

1. Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU - Similar Threads - Computer crashed whilst

2. Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU: Hello everyone,I was attempting to solve an issue of my PC crashing not to blue screen regularly, I installed Display Driver Uninstaller and was in the middle of doing a 'Clean and Restart' I was in Windows Safe Mode when my computer crashed again and turned off. I turned it...
  3. Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed whilst in the middle of using DDU: Hello everyone,I was attempting to solve an issue of my PC crashing not to blue screen regularly, I installed Display Driver Uninstaller and was in the middle of doing a 'Clean and Restart' I was in Windows Safe Mode when my computer crashed again and turned off. I turned it...
  4. Help needed after using DDU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help needed after using DDU: First of all I recently built an AMD pc, ryzen 5 5600x and radeon 6800xt, all worked fine until I updated the drivers and some games didn't work, with the AMD integrated program warning me of a failed driver issue, so I decided to roll back the drivers to version 23.5.2 or...
  5. Help needed after using DDU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed after using DDU: First of all I recently built an AMD pc, ryzen 5 5600x and radeon 6800xt, all worked fine until I updated the drivers and some games didn't work, with the AMD integrated program warning me of a failed driver issue, so I decided to roll back the drivers to version 23.5.2 or...
  6. Help needed after using DDU

7. Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch: I don't know how to fix this issue, I've tried so many things.My computer screen will go blank previously would go a colour usually pink or yellow, fans would go full speed and I'd have to hard power down the PC to get it working again. Previously the audio would wig out too...
  8. Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch

Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch: I don't know how to fix this issue, I've tried so many things.My computer screen will go blank previously would go a colour usually pink or yellow, fans would go full speed and I'd have to hard power down the PC to get it working again. Previously the audio would wig out too...
  9. Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch

10. Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed!

Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed!: Hi Guys, So whenever I'm using Steam or anything related to it such as games I have random crashes. Everything just goes black then little message saying Power Saving Mode Initiated (or something similar). It reboots and then about 20 minutes later it restarts the cycle. I...