Windows 10: Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update

Discus and support Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The May 10 update of Windows 10 downloaded to my home computer running Windows 10 Professional on May 11, 2022. I did not install and reboot at that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RonaldMcDowell1, May 27, 2022.

1. Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update

The May 10 update of Windows 10 downloaded to my home computer running Windows 10 Professional on May 11, 2022. I did not install and reboot at that time. On May 13, I signed out of my computer and placed it in "Sleep" mode in preparation to go to work. The Windows update was queued for "Install and Restart" when I came home from work that afternoon. However, when I did come home, I found that my system had crashed with a "Critical Command Fault" error no number and could not be recovered. I was forced to reformat my hardrive and reinstall a "clean" version of Windows 10. I had to tak

:)

RonaldMcDowell1, May 27, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows explorer crashing - brand new computer

Hi Ruth,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check if the Explorer crashes.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Refer the steps below to install pending updates.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Also Perform a Clean boot and check the status of the issue.

I suggest you to try login and access the Store from a Microsoft account and check if it helps. If you still face the issue, perform a
    Clean boot and try to run the app.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Do let us know if you Explorer still crashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 27, 2022
  3. Goosegas Win User
    RX 480 Fan Speed 0% or 100% While Windows 10 Updates are Pending

I recently bought a new PC which has an MSI RX 480 graphics card.

I downloaded the most recent version of MSI Afterburner to create a fan speed curve. I have had success in other computers using 40% fan speed at low temps going up to about 60% and so on if temps require.

This worked well on this computer initially but I noticed an issue with the fan speed. I noticed that the GPU temp was at 64 degrees and the fan speed was 0% instead of the usual 40% at idle which is usually about 30 degrees. I shutdown Afterburner, restarted the program but that didn't do anything. I restarted the computer, noticing that there were downloaded windows 10 updates which were now installing with this restart. Once the computer restarted, the Afterburner curve was working perfectly.

Today, I heard the GPU fan/s running fast. Afterburner showed the GPU temp was 29 degrees and the fan was running at 100%. Opening and closing Afterburner did nothing as with the previous problem. I restarted the computer and noticed again that Windows 10 updates were installing on the restart and once restarted, Afterburner settings were back to normal.

I can't imagine that the pending updates and the fan speed problems are coincidental and not related.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or is aware of a fix. I can certainly supply more system specs if someone believes that would be helpful in this situation. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Goosegas, May 27, 2022
  4. Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update

My computer crashes frequently when starting a fullscreen application or bluestacks

Hi Anantha,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

The VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.

If still the issue persist then follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: Also I suggest you to update all the drivers (Display drivers) from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Device Manager’.
    • Then you can right click on each driver and update it.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update

1. Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Computer crashed pending

2. Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update: The May 10 update of Windows 10 downloaded to my home computer running Windows 10 Professional on May 11, 2022. I did not install and reboot at that time. On May 13, I signed out of my computer and placed it in "Sleep" mode in preparation to go to work. The Windows update was...
  3. Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashed with pending Windows 10 update: The May 10 update of Windows 10 downloaded to my home computer running Windows 10 Professional on May 11, 2022. I did not install and reboot at that time. On May 13, I signed out of my computer and placed it in "Sleep" mode in preparation to go to work. The Windows update was...
  4. Updates pending

Updates pending: How do I start an update if one is available for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending/65380a30-2cb6-433f-95b8-487a342e9c53
  5. Windows 10 Updates Pending

Windows 10 Updates Pending: I'm trying to install an update for my pc because apparently all the times I thought it was going through it wasn't and I'm way behind on updates. When I try to update, I get two lines on the settings page, which I screenshotted in the picture. The cumulative update preview...
  6. window 10 updates pending

window 10 updates pending: i have issues with window update, and it normally give me this message 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-updates-pending/777ab48a-c20b-4936-bb6c-7bcff2bb23ea
  7. Update Pending

Update Pending: Dear Sir/Madam, i'm using windows 10 Pro 1909. When i got 2004?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pending/026acb1a-9b52-434c-bb08-e98e243df14d
  8. Windows updates pending

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows updates pending: Every time I get a update lately it will say update pending and hangs there. I run update trouble shooter and two fixes are applied then update installs, but this happens every time now and been doing it for the last 10 days or so ?...
  9. windows 10 update crashes computer

windows 10 update crashes computer: On 08/03/2018 I downloaded Win 10 update which would completely download keep freezing at 56% complete. After numerous attempts as suggested by MS community, I reverted to the factory settings. This move removed all my drivers & I am unable to load with either the DVD...
  10. windows 10 update crashed computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update crashed computer: My windows 10 was driving me crazy trying & failing to update. I tried to stop auto update , but couldn't. Finally I went to Microsoft and downloaded the correct update. It downloaded for a long time and when activated later, it updated for over an hour. It then went to a...