Windows 10: Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput

Discus and support Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer crashes consistently after signing in and not doing anything i.e. I sign in and step away. This usually happens within an hour. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AshtonMata, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput

My computer crashes consistently after signing in and not doing anything i.e. I sign in and step away. This usually happens within an hour. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times and still crashing. I have tried a fix renaming the folders in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and reinstalling/reseting Gaming services but still happening. Once an hour when left idle reliability shows the Microsoft GameInput Successful application reconfiguration with the following message below:Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft GameInput.

:)

AshtonMata, Jul 17, 2022
  2. creese5 Win User

Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

UPDATE

On 6/24 Microsoft Gaming Services updated which re-installed the commented out folders which is what I was afraid of. Like clockwork now that the folders are back in place the "successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput crashed my PC during a game session. I'm going to apply the changes Mosen recommended.....but really really wish Microsoft would just fix this known issue already as it appears to have been impacting users for several years now. I'm assuming there are people who do want to use Microsoft Gaming Services and don't want their PC to crash.

creese5, Jul 17, 2022
  3. creese5 Win User

When playing any of my games launched through Battle.net my entire PC will crash, when checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is preceded by a "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput. I have zero need for GameInput and for what I play I have no issues when I uninstall GameInput, but Microsoft forces the install each time my computer restarts.

I've looked for this issue an is appears it started for users with Windows 10 but there's no solution ever found. Microsoft support has people check their drivers, etc (all of my drivers are up to date and Windows is fully up to date) but no actual solution is offered. As far as I'm concerned I own my computer and should be able to determine which services I do or do not have installed on my PC but Microsoft is forcing this buggy install and I am unable to delete or otherwise modify the root folder this application is contained in.

I'm desperate for some sort of solution to this problem and it would be great if Microsoft would fix whatever this issue is. Having to remember to uninstall this app every time I want to play a game on my gaming PC is frustrating.

creese5, Jul 17, 2022
  4. creese5 Win User

Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput

Thank you for the response, unfortunately I didn't receive notification of this response and continued to troubleshoot the issue. I did manage to find my way through the fairly convoluted folder permission/ownership process for Windows 11 and simply renamed the Microsoft Gaming Services folders and then uninstalled GameInput. It appears now that these folders are no longer available for the system to reference GameInput has remained uninstalled and I am no longer having an issue with my computer crashing.

I will also try you suggestions in case some future update re-installs these folders. Thanks again.

creese5, Jul 17, 2022
Thema:

Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput

1. Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput - Similar Threads - Computer crashes Successful

2. Successful application reconfiguration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful application reconfiguration: Whenever I turn on my PC the following is logged in reliability history as an informational event, Is it normal for this to happen every single time?What is HP One?Thanks....
  3. Successful application reconfiguration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Successful application reconfiguration: Whenever I turn on my PC the following is logged in reliability history as an informational event, Is it normal for this to happen every single time?What is HP One?Thanks....
  4. Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop: My laptop gets deadlocked whenever microsoft gameinput gets reconfigurated, since a lot of files were corrupt before, I wasn't able to pinpoint the issue til now. Two zip files: ApplicationSystem...
  5. Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop

Microsoft Gameinput successful application reconfiguration Crashes Laptop: My laptop gets deadlocked whenever microsoft gameinput gets reconfigurated, since a lot of files were corrupt before, I wasn't able to pinpoint the issue til now. Two zip files: ApplicationSystem...
  6. Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput

Computer crashes after "Successful application reconfiguration" from Microsoft GameInput: My computer crashes consistently after signing in and not doing anything i.e. I sign in and step away. This usually happens within an hour. I have reinstalled Windows 3 times and still crashing. I have tried a fix renaming the folders in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and...
  7. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC: When playing any of my games launched through Battle.net my entire PC will crash, when checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is preceded by a "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput. I have zero need for GameInput and for what I...
  8. Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC

Microsoft GameInput Application Reconfiguration Crashes Win 11 PC: When playing any of my games launched through Battle.net my entire PC will crash, when checking the Reliability Monitor 100% of the time the crash is preceded by a "Successful application reconfiguration" of Microsoft GameInput. I have zero need for GameInput and for what I...
  9. Successful Application Reconfiguration

Successful Application Reconfiguration: To whom it may concern. Every day in the Reliability Monitor on my laptop I get a "Successful Application Reconfiguration" on the programs. Sometimes I get it twice a day. Please help. What type of files do you take? I know you don't take XML files. Hope to hear from...
  10. successful application reconfiguration???

in Windows 10 Support
    successful application reconfiguration???: Hi All, Just looked at my "Reliability History" today, and all my programs had "successful application reconfiguration" Why did it do this? [img] 28214