Windows 10: Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter

Discus and support Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i purchased my omen laptop about 6 months ago and had maybe a blue screen here and there and thought nothing of it. Then it happened 3 times in one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZippyJust, Apr 27, 2021.

1. ZippyJust Win User

Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter

So i purchased my omen laptop about 6 months ago and had maybe a blue screen here and there and thought nothing of it. Then it happened 3 times in one day so i did a fresh install of windows and it worked for 2 days and then started back up again. I reinstalled my graphics drivers dozens of times and preformed a system scan and it didnt find any corrupt drivers installed at all.And during this whenever id move my mouse in a game i used to get 144 fps in it would shoot down to 8 fps and the when i'd just move my character foward and backward i'd be fine. Could the mouse be causing my blue

:)

ZippyJust, Apr 27, 2021

2. Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Apr 27, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Kay Es Win User

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Crashes and Mouse causes game stutter - Similar Threads - Computer Crashes Mouse

2. Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.: I've been having a power issue for a while with my laptop. I dont know what i did, but this started a month ago I'd say. So basically, my laptop tends to heat up when the balanced power mode Settings>System> Power & Battery is set to best performance, and i dont want it to...
  3. Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.: I've been having a power issue for a while with my laptop. I dont know what i did, but this started a month ago I'd say. So basically, my laptop tends to heat up when the balanced power mode Settings>System> Power & Battery is set to best performance, and i dont want it to...
  4. Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter: Despite trying every way I can think of to prevent Windows from automatically updating it somehow keeps enabling itself. Forgetting all the work I keep losing when windows forces my computer to restart without my permission, the most recent update I've gotten is causing my...
  5. Wifi causing Computer to Stutter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi causing Computer to Stutter: So for a while now more than a month my computer has been stuttering under a specific wifi. I know it's this wifi cause whenever I go into a new wifi signal this doesn't happen, what happens is that my computer will have stutters audio and visual; get network errors when I...
  6. Mouse stutter on first boot + stuttering sound in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stutter on first boot + stuttering sound in games: Hello I have been having this problem for a couple months now when i do the first boot of the day and get to the session home my mouse is stuttering like hell it is not smooth at all but when i do a restart it's perfectly fine also when this stutters happened i tried some...
  7. Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Push to talk causes stutter in Steam games: Posted this in several forums but seems that nobody else is having this issue. My last hope. *Smile I would be grateful if somebody else can confirm the same behaviour in regards to how Steam games access the microphone on Windows 10. The following is how Steam works for...
  8. Mouse stuttering in games (any game and just in game)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stuttering in games (any game and just in game): My mouse and keyboard go crazy for 2-5 sec when I'm playing any game, going in slow motion or even not moving at all, both at the same time. Outside of games it is completely normal. It is not the mouse itself, because I tested a brand new one and happened the same thing. It...
  9. Computer stutters and crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stutters and crashes.: Sort of a complex situation going on here. About a month ago, GPU failed or at least I think it did (card was a GTX 770). Crashed the computer with artifacting and all kinds of crazy visual gitching. Restarting with that same card resulted in the computer BSODing after...
  10. Stuttering in games caused by svchost process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuttering in games caused by svchost process: Ok so in some of my games, when I am playing I get random stutters, the cause of which I have finally narrowed down to svchost being the culprit. Before I go any further my PC specs are: Core i7 6700 GTX 1070 16 GB 2133 Mhz RAM 250 GB SSD 1 TB HDD I have Windows...