Windows 10: Computer crashes during restart

Discus and support Computer crashes during restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Just recently, my computer refused to shut down properly. Upon shutdown or restarting, the computer would enter the shutdown/restart screen then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveMHBMBW, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Computer crashes during restart

Hi,

Just recently, my computer refused to shut down properly. Upon shutdown or restarting, the computer would enter the shutdown/restart screen then after some time present a stopcode: driver_power_state_failure. I'm not sure what the issue is and any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Also, I can locate the minidump as well as the event viewer, but am unsure how to post that information or what information would be useful.

Dave

:)

DaveMHBMBW, Jun 13, 2019

2. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jun 13, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Computer crashes during restart

computer crashes/restarts

i found a really old/cheap card like $20, i plugged into my pci and computer detected new hardware, also it said windows recovered from a critical error? i asked around alittle some one suggested maybe a corrupt sector in windows and possible reformat?

moocow0463, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Computer crashes during restart

1. Computer crashes during restart - Similar Threads - Computer crashes during

2. My computer crashes during Zoom classes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes during Zoom classes: Nearly every time I have a Zoom class, when someone shares their screen or I have the camera on, my computer glitches/crashes and comes up with a black screen. Sometimes it glitches between the black screen and the zoom, but mostly just a black screen appears and the cursor...
  3. Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.: I have a HP Compaq 6305 Pro. The details can be seen by clicking the "My Computer" button on the left side of my post. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.778). For the last two weeks or so, my computer has been frequently crashing/randomly restarting. It...
  4. Computer crashed during restart, wordpad document that I saved with 10,000+ words is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer crashed during restart, wordpad document that I saved with 10,000+ words is blank: I had a story I had written in a wordpad document and I saved it before I had to restart because File explorer was being unresponsive. During restart, the computer crashed not sure if this is the right terminology but it's the blue background message with the unhappy smiley...
  5. Computer keeps restarting during reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps restarting during reset: So i decided to reset my pc and halfway through reinstalling windows my pc keeps restarting. It boots up then the screen that tells me windows is installing comes up for a second before it restarts. It has been stuck at 64% and has been doing this for almost 6 hours and...
  6. New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

New laptop crashes to restart during gaming: Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS (https://amzn.to/2NukFdz), purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~a week ago. All's working fine, except games sometimes crash to restart (CTR). The crash process is always the same: the game freezes for a few seconds,...
  7. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode. The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard...
  8. Computer is constantly crashing and restarting

Computer is constantly crashing and restarting: My computer was just fine and today I turn on my computer and a blue screen says "your pc ran into a problem. We'll restart for you. Error: system thread exception not handled" how do I fix this and get my computer back? Hoping someone can help. I don't even know how...
  9. Computer crashed and wont restart

Computer crashed and wont restart: My Lenovo PC suddenly shut down today and when I restarted it I got a BSOD with a 'bad pool header' message. I did eventually restart but soon shut down again with a 'k mode exception not handled' message. Now when I restart I get a blue page 'RECOVERY Your computer could not...
  10. Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart: I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many crashes during startup....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashes during restart