Windows 10: Computer crashes during some games

Discus and support Computer crashes during some games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Raziel6971, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Computer crashes during some games

My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode.

The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard restart.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

:)

Raziel6971, Jan 28, 2016

2. Computer crashing during games

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 28, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Computer crashing during games

Did you check Device Manager to see if the drivers were up to date?

lacrumb, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Computer crashes during some games

1. Computer crashes during some games - Similar Threads - Computer crashes during

2. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  3. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  4. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer crashes during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  6. Computer crashes during certain games

Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  7. Windows crashes during some games. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes during some games. No BSOD.: Hello,I've been having some intermittent crashes in Windows 11 recently. Mainly while playing the game Hell Let Lose, and also Civ 6. I updated Windows and my Nvidia drivers hoping that would fix. Here's the error from event viewer that I get every time:Log Name: System...
  8. Windows crashes during some games. No BSOD.

Windows crashes during some games. No BSOD.: Hello,I've been having some intermittent crashes in Windows 11 recently. Mainly while playing the game Hell Let Lose, and also Civ 6. I updated Windows and my Nvidia drivers hoping that would fix. Here's the error from event viewer that I get every time:Log Name: System...
  9. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashes during gaming: My computer crashes and goes to the BSOD with the error code being System Thread Exception Not Handled while I'm in the middle of playing Warzone with my friends. Here is the link to my dump files and system info,...
  10. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: Hi, My computer keeps crashing while I play games. It doesn't happen with all of my games, but for the ones it does, it crashes my entire computer pretty frequently. When playing games like Rust or Phasmophobia, I can expect a crash after roughly 5-15 minutes of gameplay....