Windows 10: Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones

Discus and support Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started about two days ago. My computer said there was an update for my Realtek audio so I updated. After the update anytime a sound was made on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jackson_H_a, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones

This started about two days ago. My computer said there was an update for my Realtek audio so I updated. After the update anytime a sound was made on the computer windows would crash. After uninstalling all of the Realtek drivers and reinstalling them, the computer stopped crashing. Now every time I plug in headphones Windows crashes. I don't know what to do anyone having a similar problem? I have an MSI gs-63.

:)

Jackson_H_a, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones

Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers. Basically it is not doing anything automatically, so everytime I plug in headphones, or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually, and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall.

I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me. Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my headphones plugged in, they are still listed under playback, but it does not say they are unplugged. I would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance

flyingdragon91, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones

1. Computer crashes everytime I plug in headphones - Similar Threads - Computer crashes everytime

2. Everytime I plug in my headphone jack, it keeps making this noise like its plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I plug in my headphone jack, it keeps making this noise like its plugged in.: I don't know if any of you have experienced this problem before, but every time I try plugging in my headphones it keeps unplugging and replugging? without my headphone USB doing anything physically and when I go to check my Sound devices it doesn't pop up. I don't know if...
  3. Everytime I plug in my headphone jack, it keeps making this noise like its plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime I plug in my headphone jack, it keeps making this noise like its plugged in.: I don't know if any of you have experienced this problem before, but every time I try plugging in my headphones it keeps unplugging and replugging? without my headphone USB doing anything physically and when I go to check my Sound devices it doesn't pop up. I don't know if...
  4. Everytime I plug in my headphone jack, it keeps making this noise like its plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Headphone not plugged in"

"Headphone not plugged in": Hi, I recently have faced this issue. My dell laptop has been working fine, but one day suddenly, I plugged in my headphones, and the following things happened:1:this image isn't mine, I couldn't screenshot the notif but it's this:2: I press "OK"3: When I play audio, it comes...
  6. My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in: So basically, I have a Lenovo PC with windows 10, and I don't know much about computers. So in the past week or so, I'll I plug in my headphones to my computer, then it will wait a couple minutes before freezing for 1-2 minutes, and then blue screening. I can only tell it's...
  7. Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones

Audio Problem with Windows 10 - lose audio everytime I plug in headphones: This is a W 10 update bug fiasco whenever I plug in Headphones it kills all the audio - no audio in headset - no audio back on speakers Blah Blah Blah run troubleshooter - does no good - have to restart to get audio back someone published a fix - go to cmd prompt Stop...
  8. headphone plugging

headphone plugging: hi My computer does not display that the headphones as one of the sounds in the Control Panel, even when the headphones are plugged in. I cannot set the headphones to default! Please help!...
  9. Plugging in headphones blue screens the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugging in headphones blue screens the computer.: My computer blue screens when I plug in my headphones. This usually happens when there is a video or audio file playing. It is a Windows 10 HP 15. Is there a fix for this? Do I need a new computer? Why is it that a computer from 2015 is so behind it's time that it just...
  10. Computer does not think headphones are plugged in

Computer does not think headphones are plugged in: I unplugged and plugged my headphones back in while my computer was asleep and now it does not think they are plugged in even when they are so no sound comes from them. My headphones have two plugs for the headphones and mic jacks, the mic works fine. I have tried restarting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop crashes when i plug in headphones

2. computer crashes when plugging in headphones

3. windows crashes when plugging in headphones msi

4. laptop crashes when audio jack plugged in,
  5. headphone jack is making computer crash,
  6. windows 10 crashes when i plug in headset,
  7. plugging in headphones on msi crashes windows,
  8. everytime I plug in my earphones there is a playback error,
  9. windows 10 crashes when i plug in headphones,
  10. computer shuts down when headphones plugged in,
  11. pc crash and restart after plugging speaker,