Windows 10: Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep

Discus and support Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Hoping someone can help me out here, I have been troubleshooting this for months and am completely out of ideas. I am definitely willing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bwi12345, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me out here, I have been troubleshooting this for months and am completely out of ideas. I am definitely willing to start over so I'll spare everyone the long list of things I have tried and just lay out the situation.

Issue: Anytime my computer is manually put to sleep or "falls asleep" due to inactivity, the whole system crashes and 'reboots'. Upon reboot all fans are spinning and the RGB lights on my memory, motherboard and GPU are active, however I cannot see anything on my monitors. The only 'fix' for this is to perform a hard reset. Whenever this happens my BIOS settings are reset back to default (not a huge problem because I do not change any BIOS settings, but I thought it may help diagnose the issue).

Setup

• Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite (BIOS version F33c, default settings)
    • Ryzen 5 5600x CPU
    • Asus Dual GeForce RTX 3070-8GB
    • Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 500GB SSD
    • Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 288 Pin DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
    • Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Sound Card
    • Corsair RM750 Power Supply
    • Windows 10 Home- Version 20H2, Activated

One thing to note is that I have already swapped the Motherboard out for a replacement and there was no change in behavior. Please Help!!!!

submitted by /u/bwi12345
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bwi12345, Mar 4, 2021

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 4, 2021
  3. KevinEA Win User
    Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep

1. Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep - Similar Threads - Computer crashes reboots

2. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  3. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  4. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  6. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  7. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  9. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  10. Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep: I press Windows key, Power, and then Sleep. The display immediately turns off but my keyboard and mouse stay lit up, after about 1 minute the computer shuts down. When I go to turn the computer back on it goes through the boot up process. This problem only started happening...