Windows 10: Computer crashes shortly after being unplugged

Discus and support Computer crashes shortly after being unplugged in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Acer recently has been shutting down within 30 minutes of being unplugged. When it's plugged in, it works great. It's been a good computer and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/juuuceboy, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Computer crashes shortly after being unplugged

My Acer recently has been shutting down within 30 minutes of being unplugged. When it's plugged in, it works great. It's been a good computer and it's relatively new, but this completely shutting down thing is making me nervous. I made a mistake and accidentally left it in a car for a few hours on a 100 degree before this happened, so I don't know if that could be related. The battery is usually around 90% when it crashed and turns off. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/juuuceboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/juuuceboy, Aug 29, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 29, 2020
  3. slaytons Win User
    MSTSC (RDP) crashes shortly after launch

Shortly after launching a remote app on a single computer (other machines work just fine) the program crashes. It shows that it is connected to the server then does not show the app and crashes.

Here is the info from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: mstsc.exe, version: 10.0.18362.752, time stamp: 0x64062c86

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.719, time stamp: 0x64d10ee0

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f92a9

Faulting process id: 0x2fb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d62d48f044a33e

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: dee6d851-f8de-421c-a7ec-8d79380c8ac9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And:

Fault bucket 2081841460730338595, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: mstsc.exe

P2: 10.0.18362.752

P3: 64062c86

P4: StackHash_a93f

P5: 10.0.18362.719

P6: 64d10ee0

P7: c0000374

P8: PCH_3F_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CC14

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF5DA.tmp.mdmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF752.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF762.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF772.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF792.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_mstsc.exe_372ceec8cb2e794ff4c25976c010cedec6be6_564341b6_28c6c4f9-7099-4eff-a4e8-87ea74a2d1ff

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0211195b-a1ef-4f43-a0eb-02eb84c59ba8

Report Status: 268435456

Hashed bucket: 464a66b7afcb329bace42fc749831d23

Cab Guid: 0

_____________________________________________________________________________

Steps I’ve taken:

1. Removed 3 recently installed updates
    2. Checked in event viewer for reason codes for the crash
      1. Googled two of them and found one resolution was to:
    i.
    regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll (this will uninstall the file)

ii.
    regsvr32.exe ntdll.dll and press (this will reinstall the file).

1. Logged into my own account on computer
      1. Opened remote application
      2. It crashed the first time
      3. It crashed the second time
      4. It worked the third time through the sixth times.
    2. Reopened it on the local profile

1. It crashed and would not successfully open.
    1. After recreating the profile, I am briefly able to see the app and type some text to log into it (the actual application), but it crashes again.

slaytons, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Spectrum Win User

Computer crashes shortly after being unplugged

Can anybody tell me WHY my computer crash?

Are your crash dumps defaulting to "E:\DUMP"?

For troubleshooting steps I would suggest

1.) If any overclocking has been done, undo it. This is a common source of system instability.

2.) Unplug all non-essential devices from the computer

3.) Test your memory - MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials this can take a long time and it is best to start it before you go to bed.

4.) Temporarily remove IOBit and Bitdefender, as they install kernel drivers. We'll want to eliminate them as a possible source of instability.

5.) Nvidia just released a new driver version today - I'd suggest updating. NVIDIA

Spectrum, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Computer crashes shortly after being unplugged

1. Computer crashes shortly after being unplugged - Similar Threads - Computer crashes shortly

2. Computer Not Turning on after being unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Turning on after being unplugged: Hi All, Last night I pressed shut down on my pc and rgb lights on the pc were still going so i just switched off the power supply and unplugged the pc, and now today its just not turning on, there is power going to the pc but nothing happens when i turn it on. Its not a full...
  3. Computer Not Turning on after being unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Not Turning on after being unplugged: Hi All, Last night I pressed shut down on my pc and rgb lights on the pc were still going so i just switched off the power supply and unplugged the pc, and now today its just not turning on, there is power going to the pc but nothing happens when i turn it on. Its not a full...
  4. Computer Not Turning on after being unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer: I built my computer almost 3 years ago, and i’ve had on and off problems with it. However, this problem is unignorable and I think it might be time to switch something in my computer, but i’m not sure what. The two parts of interest are my power supply and my rx 580, which...
  6. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer: I built my computer almost 3 years ago, and i’ve had on and off problems with it. However, this problem is unignorable and I think it might be time to switch something in my computer, but i’m not sure what. The two parts of interest are my power supply and my rx 580, which...
  7. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer crashes shortly after every wakeup/power on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes shortly after every wakeup/power on: Hello,Shortly after waking up or turning my computer on it crashes. Everything freezes for a second, all screens go to a single color, and it auto-restarts. It runs fine after one crash, but always has that one crash. I can't find a meaningful error in the event viewer other...
  9. Computer crashes shortly after every wakeup/power on

Computer crashes shortly after every wakeup/power on: Hello,Shortly after waking up or turning my computer on it crashes. Everything freezes for a second, all screens go to a single color, and it auto-restarts. It runs fine after one crash, but always has that one crash. I can't find a meaningful error in the event viewer other...
  10. System Crashes Shortly after startup

System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...