Windows 10: Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games.

Discus and support Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since I got my Windows 10 Home (Dec 2017) I played games on it, however, sometimes it would crash and I'd have to hold the power button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kenzie Sinclair, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games.

Ever since I got my Windows 10 Home (Dec 2017) I played games on it, however, sometimes it would crash and

I'd have to hold the power button and restart to access my computer again.

Games like Garry's Mod work fine on my PC, but games like Skyrim don't and would crash after a few minutes.

Things I've tried:

Resetting my PC entirely

Downloading new drivers

>None of them worked

My specs:

AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)

Generic PnP Monitor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz

8GB of Ram

:)

Kenzie Sinclair, Oct 6, 2018
  2. smig Win User

Computer Crashes to Black Screen While Gaming

as other suggested it might be the on board audio.
    try disabling the audio in the BIOS. play with no audio and see if it still crash.

smig, Oct 6, 2018
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games. [​IMG]

iuppiter, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Dysss Win User

Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games.

Crash to static green screen?

I've been having these crashes to a static green screen since I got my PC (~1.5 years ago) and I've been putting up with it but it's getting unbearable now. Recently these crashes have brought a whole new level of annoyance, where it also resets my desktop
    icons and I'm really getting frustrated now. I've previously performed a clean install, but that didn't fix the problem. I've read somewhere that this is caused by some driver trying to load something and failing, but I can't confirm if this is the case for
    me. I also cant seem to find the exact crash log in Event Viewer (My computer recently crashed sometime between last night and this morning, but no log for anything between that time period). The crash to green screen also causes my audio to start playing
    the last 0.5s of audio in a loop, if that helps.

Dysss, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games.

1. Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games. - Similar Threads - Computer crashes green

2. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  3. My audio is muffled when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio is muffled when playing video games: No matter what game I play my audio from both the game itself and external sources is always muffled, static-like or worse in quality. I have tried updating my computer, updating my drivers and restarting and nothing seems to work, this issue only occurs when I'm playing...
  4. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  5. My computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  6. My computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  7. My computer crashes when playing certain games

8. Computer crashes when playing certain games

Computer crashes when playing certain games: My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone...
  9. Crashing when playing certain games.

Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...
  10. Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes to a green screen and the audio muffles when playing certain games.: Ever since I got my Windows 10 Home (Dec 2017) I played games on it, however, sometimes it would crash and I'd have to hold the power button and restart to access my computer again. Games like Garry's Mod work fine on my PC, but games like Skyrim don't and would crash after...