Windows 10: computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

Discus and support computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; at seemingly random times, whether i was on the computer all day or it started up a few minutes ago my computer will crash to a black screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelMarks2, Aug 22, 2020.

1. computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

at seemingly random times, whether i was on the computer all day or it started up a few minutes ago my computer will crash to a black screen and immediately restart windows and boot up on its own, i'm worried, what could be the issue?

:)

MichaelMarks2, Aug 22, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 22, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Computer Black Screen

When there is a black screen click the following 4 keys simultaneously and report what you see and hear into the thread:
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
    (you can practice when there is no black screen)

There are log collectors used in another forum room.
    Run each V2 and DM and upload results into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions

List the antivirus software in use on the computer.

zbook, Aug 22, 2020
  4. computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

Computer screen stays black on Windows 10

Computer screen stays black on Windows 10. So I press the power button get a little flash of light and that's it. Then I have to hold in the power button to turn it off, and start it back up and it works fine. This is happening every time I turn the computer on! Anyone got any Ideas? I am running Windows 10 Home.

hollyoaks777, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on

1. computer crashes to black screen but computer stays on - Similar Threads - computer crashes black

2. My windows computer keeps crashing as in the screen goes black but the tower stays on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows computer keeps crashing as in the screen goes black but the tower stays on.: Here are the errors im getting. This only happens when im playing games online. When this happens i usualy just turn the computer off using the power button. I've looked at past forms like this one. If someone could help me out that would be amazing! Thanks, Charlie....
  3. My windows computer keeps crashing as in the screen goes black but the tower stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows computer keeps crashing as in the screen goes black but the tower stays on.: Here are the errors im getting. This only happens when im playing games online. When this happens i usualy just turn the computer off using the power button. I've looked at past forms like this one. If someone could help me out that would be amazing! Thanks, Charlie....
  4. Computer running slow, black screen crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow, black screen crashing: Computer’s performance is slow and completely shuts down/black screen crashes unexplainably, opening Discord, opening a new tab in my browser, home screen, on bootup, updating drivers… I’ve had this problem for 3 or 4 weeks, last week it worked perfectly for about 2 days then...
  5. Computer running slow, black screen crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow, black screen crashing: Computer’s performance is slow and completely shuts down/black screen crashes unexplainably, opening Discord, opening a new tab in my browser, home screen, on bootup, updating drivers… I’ve had this problem for 3 or 4 weeks, last week it worked perfectly for about 2 days then...
  6. Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?: Hi, I am experiencing some issues with my computer, which is a windows 10 machine. Sometimes, on startup, I will get a black screen when turning it on. This seems to be becoming more frequent. Secondly, windows has crashed and needed to restart twice over the past week. I...
  7. Computer crash - black screen - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crash - black screen - windows 10: Hello - it appears that malware hit our computer and knocked out everything. We inserted another hdd from a healthy computer that is not being used any more. we did a quick format on that drive. The following message comes up when we insert a windows 10 disk or an Acronis...
  8. My HP computer stay black screen even with the power on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HP computer stay black screen even with the power on.: I don't know whether I'm in the right place, but I'll give it a shot. it was a HP ENVY Beats all in one PC 23-n103hk. Is been around a while now since is a Intel i3 version of it.a couple of weeks ago my mother wanted to use it and it turns out to be a black screen. A 2...
  9. Computer screen stays black on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen stays black on Windows 10: Computer screen stays black on Windows 10. So I press the power button get a little flash of light and that's it. Then I have to hold in the power button to turn it off, and start it back up and it works fine. This is happening every time I turn the computer on! Anyone got...
  10. Computer crashing with unusual black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashing with unusual black screen: Hey All, Have a weird one that I have never seen before. after about an hour or so of the computer running (just a Dell Dimension E521, 4gb ram, 1TB HDD) the screen goes black and at the top in white letters states: "Boot from CD: No boot device detected, insert system...