Windows 10: Computer crashes under heavy graphics load

Discus and support Computer crashes under heavy graphics load in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey 10forums. I've been having this issue for a long time and i've been trying to get it figured out. Whenever i play a graphics intensive game (Or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SparkyLite, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Computer crashes under heavy graphics load

Hey 10forums. I've been having this issue for a long time and i've been trying to get it figured out. Whenever i play a graphics intensive game (Or any game really). My screens go black, audio cuts out, and my fans spin up to 100%. Only way to recover is to restart the entire computer.

This happens for almost every game i try playing. I have tried updating drivers, reinstalling games, updating windows and utilizing every built in error checking tool, and nothing. None of the games i play have any form of error message come up. or have any crash log files anywhere on the HDD. However a couple games recognize something happened and ask me to boot up in safe mode.

Anyone have an idea for the next step to take?

:)

SparkyLite, Apr 25, 2020

2. Game crashes on heavy gfx load, Windows 10 build 16275.1000 V1703..

Game crashes on heavy gfx load, Windows 10 build 16275.1000 V1703...

I can't play my games properly, since I can barely play my games on the medium graphic settings, with minimal crashes, anything higher then results in PC restarts, with no warnings..
    I'm not sure what causes the problem, but it's strange it only happens on my greatest games, since it's seems to be related to heavy load on gfx, I can't do any debug, since when the crash occurs pc restart, and no Windows logs available..

It seems to be only related to Windows 10, I've done some research on the issue, only Windows 10 users report the problem..

Please look into the issue, and maybe fix the heavy gfx load error..

All my gfx drivers are up to date, so that shouldn't be the issue..

* Moved from Insider.

GuardianAngel001, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Apr 25, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Computer crashes under heavy graphics load

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Computer crashes under heavy graphics load

1. Computer crashes under heavy graphics load - Similar Threads - Computer crashes under

2. BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime GPU is under heavy load: I built my PC around half a year ago, and it had been working perfectly fine until yesterday.My PC:i7-13700KMSI B760 Tomahawk2x32GB RAM DDR52TB SSD Gen 4RTX 4070Ti 12GB850W Gold ATX3.01440p + 1080p monitorsYesterday, I found that whenever I started Unreal Engine 5, the moment...
  3. PC crashing under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing under heavy load: Hi, I've had a custom built PC for about two years, primarily for gaming. Since I have had it, when I play graphically intensive games, I will start to get episodes of low GPU usage which I notice on GPU gamebar. I will go form 95-100% usage, down to ~30% - while this lasts,...
  4. PC crashing under heavy load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing under heavy load: Hi, I've had a custom built PC for about two years, primarily for gaming. Since I have had it, when I play graphically intensive games, I will start to get episodes of low GPU usage which I notice on GPU gamebar. I will go form 95-100% usage, down to ~30% - while this lasts,...
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when computer is under heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when computer is under heavy load: Hi, I bought a new pc a week ago, and everything seemed to be working fine until I started to play games that require heavy amounts of work to run. I tried disabling MPO, updating the BIOS, doing a clean install of windows and all drivers, but the crashes keep hapenning after...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when computer is under heavy load

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when computer is under heavy load: Hi, I bought a new pc a week ago, and everything seemed to be working fine until I started to play games that require heavy amounts of work to run. I tried disabling MPO, updating the BIOS, doing a clean install of windows and all drivers, but the crashes keep hapenning after...
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when computer is under heavy load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. New PC crashes when under heavy load Windows 11

New PC crashes when under heavy load Windows 11: I got a brand new PC, a fresh new installation of windows 11. But when I do many tasks at once, like multiple file explorer windows open, various chrome tabs, the PC freezes. Sometimes, e.g. you can still listen to the sound of the video I was watching. Sometimes, the entire...
  9. PC Keeps Crashing when under heavy load

PC Keeps Crashing when under heavy load: When I use my Pc and run demanding power games after a while or at random times my pc shuts down abruptly with no warning. I've reinstalled windows multiple times moved to another hard drive. Switched Power Supply's, Ram, Motherboard and gpus. I don't know what to do anymore....
  10. Crashing under heavy GPU loads

Crashing under heavy GPU loads: Hey guys, My computer keeps crashing under heavy GPU loads, was wondering if someone can help me narrow down the issue. Thanks.