Windows 10: Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.

Discus and support Computer crashes when I play games not sure why. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello recently I haven't been able to play certain games without the computer black screening and restarting. It always happens on the exact same spot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EricRenteria1, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.

Hello recently I haven't been able to play certain games without the computer black screening and restarting. It always happens on the exact same spot in a game 5 secs into the game past the loading screen. I used a app called WhoCrashed and it showed me the crash dump from 2020. If anyone can help me find this problem, I already tried virus cleaning, and updating my gpu driver, cleaning my pc. I have a GTX 980ti that I recently got back from EVGA, so it is newly refurbished. Thank you for any help with locating and fixing this problem.

System Information local

Computer name: DESKTOP-K6RF0S4
    Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: ASRock, Z270 Killer SLI/ac
    CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 8664, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 17142644736 bytes 16.0GB

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Sat 11/21/2020 12:51:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112120-7671-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF 0xFFFF80852B9EF080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

EricRenteria1, Mar 7, 2021

2. i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Computer crashes while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how frustrating it can be when the PC crashes while playing games. I certainly appreciate your efforts taken towards resolving the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to run a game?
    4. Does the PC crashes only while playing games?
    5. Do you receive any stop code or error message when the PC crashes?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

In addition, you can check if Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date
    and see if that helps.

If you receive a Blue Screen error, please share the dump files with us in order to assist you further. I have sent a private message to you, please share the dump files through the message.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 7, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.

1. Computer crashes when I play games not sure why. - Similar Threads - Computer crashes play

2. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crash when playing a game: I was playing The Long Drive and when i quite the game, reloaded, and hit "load world" my computer frize, and a few seconds later, my monitors went deepfried and crashed.here's the problem windows highlighted. Can someone decipher this and tell me which piece of hardware...
  3. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crash when playing a game: I was playing The Long Drive and when i quite the game, reloaded, and hit "load world" my computer frize, and a few seconds later, my monitors went deepfried and crashed.here's the problem windows highlighted. Can someone decipher this and tell me which piece of hardware...
  4. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  6. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  7. Computer crashes when playing games

8. Some games crash, not sure why.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some games crash, not sure why.: Hey all I was just hoping to see if I could get some insight about an issue I'm having. I'm not very tech savvy so I'll try to give the best info I can, please let me know if you need any other info. For whatever reason, random games seem to crash on my asus laptop running...
  9. Computer Keeps Crashing When I play Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Crashing When I play Games: Almost every time I'm playing a game on my computer, it crashes. It doesn't matter if they're old or new, modded or not, or whether or not they're online or offline. The crashes have been happening ever since I got my computer last fall. Since I don't really play games on my...
  10. Computer Crashes when playing games

Computer Crashes when playing games: Hello, my computers is crashing when I start up Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft. When it first happen I check the temperature of my GTX 780 graphic card and it was overheating at 90 degrees (surprised) so I downclock the GPU putting a cap of how high the temperature...