Windows 10: Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

Discus and support Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed whenever I try plugging in my Xbox one controller, the computer suddenly crashes, it's booted and I've plugged it in multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MallardDuck2, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

Hello,

I've noticed whenever I try plugging in my Xbox one controller, the computer suddenly crashes, it's booted and I've plugged it in multiple times and it just keeps crashing. I think it's a driver error but I'm not sure where it is in the device manager and how to fix it.

I use this controller everyday but this day happened to have a problem.

The stop code is : DRIVER PAGE_FAULT_BEYOND_END_OF_ALLOCATION

What failed : Xboxgip.sys

I run a Windows 10 laptop.

Here is some pictures showing the bluescreen error from the reliability report. Much help is appreciated, thankyou so much!!!

Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller cf2f9a31-bf41-4ca1-aaee-ce4ce46a7afd?upload=true.png Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller 22839587-2f46-48da-8df3-cdf928feef54?upload=true.png

:)

MallardDuck2, Aug 4, 2018

2. Xbox controller crashes on plugging in to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 Controller in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Go to
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    . Select the version of Windows 7 that matches the processor on your computer and try to download it.

Step 2: Then try to install the driver in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click the Setup program and select Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox, and then select
    Windows 7 from the dropdown list.

3. Select Apply, and then select OK.

4. Double-click the Setup program to run it. The Xbox 360 Accessories Setup program installs the necessary files on the computer. You might be prompted to restart the computer when finished.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Surfero29 Win User
    xbox one controller crash

Jst plug the controller and doo the update. Im using wireless adapter also. Just plug xbox one controller then go to xbox controller and follow steps. It didnt solve my crashing problem with uplay tho. Apparently helps with halo. Cant believe microsoftbricking
    their own fkin hardware.i guess that s what you get when you want to buy official to avoid dealingwith drivers. Should have bought a ps4 cont

Surfero29, Aug 4, 2018
  4. segin Win User

Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

Xbox controller crashes on plugging in to Windows 10

Oh, you Microsoft support **** aren't particularly bright, are you?

The problem's not in the bloody Xbox controller driver! I've already worked this out. It's a bug in the Desktop Window Manager. Unless you're going to hand me a good deal of the Windows source code and tell me to get cracking, there's not a whole lot you can
    do to actually resolve this issue.

The problem lies with Windows itself. Windows is broken in Insider Preview build 14316. Sheesh, bloody support **** can't apply any common sense...

segin, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

1. Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller - Similar Threads - Computer crashes plug

2. bsod when plugging in xbox controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod when plugging in xbox controller: got a bsod for about 0.1 of a second then it rebooted.this is what i got in event viewer:- <System> <Provider Name="volmgr" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  3. bsod when plugging in xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when plugging in xbox controller: got a bsod for about 0.1 of a second then it rebooted.this is what i got in event viewer:- <System> <Provider Name="volmgr" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode>...
  4. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows: My xbox one controller that I've plugged into my computer just keeps flashing. It gets recognized in device manager but there's a warning symbol next to it.I've tried to search this problem up but I can't find the solution....
  5. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows: My xbox one controller that I've plugged into my computer just keeps flashing. It gets recognized in device manager but there's a warning symbol next to it.I've tried to search this problem up but I can't find the solution....
  6. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  8. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  9. Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in: Hi people, So recently I've noticed a huge bug when it comes to the Xbox One controller. When i plug in the controller to my Windows 10 PC, I notice everything slowing down a little bit. The system becomes noticeably laggy. To further prove that this is the controller,...
  10. Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller: i tried asking this before but now it says it didn’t work so i need to ask again: I downloaded ProconXInput to use my Switch Pro Controller, but now as soon as I plug it in, it crashes. ProconXInput isn’t even open, not even in the background, yet it crashes every single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crashes with controler plugged

2. xboxgip.sys xbox one controller