Windows 10: Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller

Discus and support Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i tried asking this before but now it says it didn’t work so i need to ask again: I downloaded ProconXInput to use my Switch Pro Controller, but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CathyCh1, Oct 8, 2018.

1. CathyCh1 Win User

Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller

i tried asking this before but now it says it didn’t work so i need to ask again:

I downloaded ProconXInput to use my Switch Pro Controller, but now as soon as I plug it in, it crashes. ProconXInput isn’t even open, not even in the background, yet it crashes every single time I try to plug it in with the stop code UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP.

:)

CathyCh1, Oct 8, 2018

2. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 8, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller

Xbox controller crashes on plugging in to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 Controller in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Go to
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    . Select the version of Windows 7 that matches the processor on your computer and try to download it.

Step 2: Then try to install the driver in compatibility mode. Check if it helps.

1. Right-click the Setup program and select Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox, and then select
    Windows 7 from the dropdown list.

3. Select Apply, and then select OK.

4. Double-click the Setup program to run it. The Xbox 360 Accessories Setup program installs the necessary files on the computer. You might be prompted to restart the computer when finished.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller

1. Computer crashes when I plug in my Switch Pro controller - Similar Threads - Computer crashes plug

2. when i plug in a ps4 controller as well as a switch pro controller which is new with usb...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i plug in a ps4 controller as well as a switch pro controller which is new with usb...: is there are thing i can do about this, also i have tried ds4windows and that doesn't even recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-a-ps4-controller-as-well-as-a/8766c5d2-4368-4083-b7ab-239ea4e749af
  3. when i plug in a ps4 controller as well as a switch pro controller which is new with usb...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i plug in a ps4 controller as well as a switch pro controller which is new with usb...: is there are thing i can do about this, also i have tried ds4windows and that doesn't even recognize it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-a-ps4-controller-as-well-as-a/8766c5d2-4368-4083-b7ab-239ea4e749af
  4. Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.: Man it sucks to do this but after about 5 hours of trying I've come to the conclusion that I can't fix this myself. The problem that I'm having is that my pro controller is treating my computer like a power outlet. The light will go on, but my computer wont even detect there...
  5. Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.: Man it sucks to do this but after about 5 hours of trying I've come to the conclusion that I can't fix this myself. The problem that I'm having is that my pro controller is treating my computer like a power outlet. The light will go on, but my computer wont even detect there...
  6. Switch pro controller not getting detected by my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Switch pro controller not detected by my PC.

Switch pro controller not detected by my PC.: Hi. Plugging in my switch pro controller into my PC does nothing: The controller simply isn't detected as any sort of USB device. There is no USB connection sound. It does not show up in devices and printers and it does not show up in device manager as any sort of USB device....
  8. messenger crashing with controller plugged in...

messenger crashing with controller plugged in...: Hi I know this sounds kind of stupid but when i plug my PS5 controller into my pc and try to make a call on messenger it crashes but as soon as I unplug it the call goes through... Its very annoying because thats how me and my wife communicate alot and i cant take the call or...
  9. PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller

PC crashes when trying to connect Nintendo switch pro controller: This started after installing the newest windows 10 update (at the time of posting this) before this it just wouldn't connect. The crash was a BSoD with the message UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP....
  10. Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I plug in an Xbox one controller: Hello, I've noticed whenever I try plugging in my Xbox one controller, the computer suddenly crashes, it's booted and I've plugged it in multiple times and it just keeps crashing. I think it's a driver error but I'm not sure where it is in the device manager and how to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer crashes with controler plugged

2. pc crashen after plugging in switch pro controller

3. nintendo switch pro controller crashes pc

4. pc crashes when plugging in nintendo switch pro controller