Windows 10: Computer crashes when playing certain games

Discus and support Computer crashes when playing certain games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Martez Little, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Computer crashes when playing certain games

My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone support just points me back to community support. I've read some posts and nothing has helped. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've updated the drivers, uninstalled all games numerous times, scanned the computer for maintenance/other issues, used the reliability report features, adjusted software/hardware settings

:)

Martez Little, Oct 3, 2021
  2. grunt_408 Win User

crashes in certain games

Are they just random crashes? Or do they most commonly occur 5 minutes into playing a certain game?

grunt_408, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Arlac2 Win User
    Crashing when playing certain games.

Just going through things step by step to make sure I've done them all.
    Entered powercfg -h off, but there wasn't any confirmation etc so unsure if this worked.

Other conversations led me to believe that it was a RAM issue, so I have since upgraded my RAM but the issues persist. I've also tried changing ram slots, loading only one ram stick etc as suggested in previous posts.

This should be the link for the LOGS folder

This should be the link to the WHEA folder.

At the time I had not been overclocking, but the problem persists whether I'm overclocked or not - so currently running with A-XMP profile 1 enabled (msi b450 gaming plus max mobo). I also currently have "precision boost overdrive" enabled, but didn't at the time of crashes.

My main issue now is severe stuttering in games (not the game alone, but the entire pc itself freezes for a split second.) If this is no longer a suitable forum for my topic please let me know and I can move it!

Arlac2, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Computer crashes when playing certain games

i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

Computer crashes when playing certain games

1. Computer crashes when playing certain games - Similar Threads - Computer crashes playing

2. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing games sometimes, such as Fortnite, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, or Apex Legends, my PC will often bluescreen upon opening the game or going into a lobby. I am unsure the cause of this and cannot figure it out, but made a post about it before that did not get a reply...
  3. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  4. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  5. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  7. My computer crashes when playing certain games

My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  8. My computer crashes when playing certain games

9. Crashing when playing certain games.

Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...
  10. Crashing only when playing certain games.

Crashing only when playing certain games.: So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft. This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that...