Windows 10: Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep

Discus and support Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I press Windows key, Power, and then Sleep. The display immediately turns off but my keyboard and mouse stay lit up, after about 1 minute the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kitachiko, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Kitachiko Win User

Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep

I press Windows key, Power, and then Sleep. The display immediately turns off but my keyboard and mouse stay lit up, after about 1 minute the computer shuts down. When I go to turn the computer back on it goes through the boot up process.

This problem only started happening in the past week or so after I installed the 2004 Windows update and updated my Nvidia graphics driver, so it's a high possibility it's related to one of those. I have tried the usual stuff like sfc scan, troubleshooting power settings, DISM health, and DDU driver reinstall. My Event viewer says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffff86048095ec80, 0xfffff80351eaf750, 0xffff860485aaca60". It has been BSODing with the DIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error code.

Here are a few of the minidumps: https://mega.nz/file/EcwhmBIZ#BN8djmr1iwSfjnJjecM5HPz7lwZpP5qmj0aOVRQsO5E

:)

Kitachiko, Sep 9, 2020
  2. BRU
    bru Win User

BSOD/crashes occur when computer sleeps

Perhaps I have overlooked some suggestions. Other than disabling sleep, which I can try, are there others?

I am confident my Power settings are basic and not causing this.

Regarding sleep, which is an essential function of a computer in my mind, if disabling it prevents the crashes from occurring that doesn't really fix the problem it just masks the symptom.

3. Argel Obm Win User
    Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Sep 9, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep - Similar Threads - Computer Crashes Put

2. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  3. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  4. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  6. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when I put it to sleep: So I usually put my pc to sleep using the win+x menu, but lately, I've noticed that my PC will turn itself off before it actually goes to sleep. The screen turns black and the PC tower will run for about 5 minutes before shutting down. When I check the event logs this is what...
  7. Computer crashes when I put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  9. Windows crashes when put to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when put to sleep: This has been happeniing for about a week or so now, ever since the latest windows update.Every time I put my PC to sleep, it works fine for about 4 minutes, then crashes and reboots into BIOSonly started happening with the latest Windows update,and even more strangely when I...
  10. Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashes/reboots when put to sleep: Hello, Hoping someone can help me out here, I have been troubleshooting this for months and am completely out of ideas. I am definitely willing to start over so I'll spare everyone the long list of things I have tried and just lay out the situation. Issue: Anytime my...