Windows 10: Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

Discus and support Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,This previous winter Dec-Feb my desktop started crashing randomly while playing games. At first, it was just occasionally with The Sims 4 but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SassyCow, Jun 3, 2023.

1. SassyCow Win User

Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

Hi,This previous winter Dec-Feb my desktop started crashing randomly while playing games. At first, it was just occasionally with The Sims 4 but then it got progressively worse. Any time I tried to start up any game, even less demanding ones, it would crash immediately. The crash involves the screens completely shutting off and the fans on the PC running on overdrive. I have to turn it off with the power button and when I turn it back on it runs as normal with no error/crash codes.We took it apart to clean out and reapplied thermal paste on the CPU. This seemed to solve the issues until rece

:)

SassyCow, Jun 3, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 3, 2023
  3. theduke2 Win User
    Crashing with certain games

I have the identical issue as OP despite different hardware. Certain games crash within a few minutes while others are fine. Games that crash include Guardians of the Galaxy and Assassins Creed Origins.

I'm using a AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) and the Event Viewer message is identical, except instead of Device\Video3 is says Device\Video9.

I'm using 516.40 drivers and have already done a DDU. My next step is another DDU followed by year old drivers (466.47) listed on the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) website. I don't see any VBIOS for the rev 2.0 version of the card.

I can provide DXDIAG, MSCONFIG, or anything you think could help to diagnose this.

theduke2, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

1. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games - Similar Threads - Computer crashes running

2. Computer randomly shuts off when running certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly shuts off when running certain games: Hello,So I've been having this issue where I'll be trying to launch or play a game and my pc randomly just shuts off and starts up again. Event viewer is displaying the following 2 errors after I start back up: 1. The WinRing0x64 service failed to start due to the following...
  3. Computer crashes when i exit game

Computer crashes when i exit game: I have just installed elite game on computer using Steam.The game plays perfectly but everytime i exit back to desktop my PC crashes to a blue screen.My system is HP elitebookAMD ryzen 3 pro 2300URadeon Vega GFX12GB RAMWindows 11I've had a look at the mini dump file. There is...
  4. Computer crashes when i exit game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when i exit game: I have just installed elite game on computer using Steam.The game plays perfectly but everytime i exit back to desktop my PC crashes to a blue screen.My system is HP elitebookAMD ryzen 3 pro 2300URadeon Vega GFX12GB RAMWindows 11I've had a look at the mini dump file. There is...
  5. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games: Hi,This previous winter Dec-Feb my desktop started crashing randomly while playing games. At first, it was just occasionally with The Sims 4 but then it got progressively worse. Any time I tried to start up any game, even less demanding ones, it would crash immediately. The...
  6. Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes when running/exiting certain video games: Hi,This previous winter Dec-Feb my desktop started crashing randomly while playing games. At first, it was just occasionally with The Sims 4 but then it got progressively worse. Any time I tried to start up any game, even less demanding ones, it would crash immediately. The...
  7. My computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  8. My computer crashes when playing certain games

My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  9. My computer crashes when playing certain games

10. Computer crashes when playing certain games

Computer crashes when playing certain games: My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone...