Windows 10: Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

Discus and support Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I watch a video from YouTube (or any other site) or when a website is playing ads with videos, my computer freezes and nothing works until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tronix304, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Tronix304 Win User

Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

Every time I watch a video from YouTube (or any other site) or when a website is playing ads with videos, my computer freezes and nothing works until I do a hard reset of the pc. I have a Dell Precision 690. Haven't noticed any other issues and the reliability history tells the following:

Windows explorer -- stopped working

windows -- was not properly shut down

When I view technical details, I get nothing more.

Here is my SPECCY snapsho and the Event historyt:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoSrwhZ-qL8Qhqll3Wtdybz_C-ADpw

Thanks

:)

Tronix304, Apr 30, 2019

2. Watching Videos through the Browser in Windows 10

Hi Floyd,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you have issues watching videos in different browsers, this maybe an issues with the graphics driver not loaded properly.

• What is the Make and Model of the computer?
    • What is the exact error displayed on Browser?
    Provide us the Event viewer logs by trying these steps:

1. Press Win + X key on the keyboard and choose
    Event Viewer.

2. Check theApplication logs and provide us the events that occur when you try to play a Video on the Browser.

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Edge browser crashes on full screen video ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to clear the browsing history cache and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser click on three dots.
    • Click on clear browsing history.

Then try to play the video and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue.

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store

Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

Edge browser crashes on full screen video ?

I also have the same problem along with every one who talks in videos sounding like Donald Duck!!!

ElwoodJonesZY, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

1. Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser. - Similar Threads - Computer crashes watching

2. Computer crashes and restarts when watching videos

in Windows 10 News
    Computer crashes and restarts when watching videos: [IMG]If your Windows 11/10 computer crashes or restarts when watching videos, the solutions provided in this article will help you. According to the reports, the computer crashes or restarts every time users watch a video. The issue happens on playing a video on a media...
  3. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  4. Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when watching videos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that their Windows computer freezes or crashes when watching videos. It does not matter whether they watch videos online in their web browsers or offline in media player software, their computer either freezes or crashes. If you are facing the...
  5. Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected: Recently, Favorites crashes Edge Browser every time when selected from the Upper Right corner ... Asks to restoreI pinned my favorites to a toolbar and it is working as expected.Unable to correct.Have rebooted, cleared history, have newest win 10 version 21h1Any additional...
  6. Crashes when playing videos in browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes when playing videos in browser: Hello!I experience blue screen of death crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent video drivers and windows version.Crash dumps and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks for your help!BrHarald...
  7. Edge crashes when watching you tube videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge crashes when watching you tube videos: Only today I noticed when trying to watch a you tube video MS edge just simply goes blank and doesn't respond. Why is this? worked fine yesterday. could windows have sneaked an unnecessary update in whilst my back was turned?? Anyone have any advice? Thanks...
  8. Computer crash when watching video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when watching video: Hello, Every time i start viewing a video, it crashes. Displaying: Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVER EXCEPTION What failed: ddkmd.sys Ive tried everything that i can think of to get it to work. Hopefully someone can help me, otherwise i will have to reset the computer....
  9. PC Crashes when watching video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes when watching video: Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again. I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have a Nvidia, I have updated the drivers to the latest and removed all AMD drivers but still getting the issue. Please can...
  10. Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Computer freezes when watching VIDEOS: Hello Everyone, Since I updated/upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) my computer freezes very often when watching videos. At first I thought it was a bad installation (garbage left out from my Windows 7 since I had not formatted my computer in a long time)....