Windows 10: Computer Crashes whenever I play a game.

Discus and support Computer Crashes whenever I play a game. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I'm having issues with my computer while playing games. Here is a dump from Whocrashed. crash dump file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alex H.S, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Alex H.S Win User

Computer Crashes whenever I play a game.

Hey, I'm having issues with my computer while playing games.

Here is a dump from Whocrashed.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011221-6984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys watchdog+0x3AD0
    Bugcheck code: 0x119 0x2, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0xFFFF9B02E4822960, 0xFFFFA18F64F17830
    Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    product: MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

It started crashing after an old hardrive I moved into the computer somehow took control during a crash and made itself the C: disk and the computer went back to windows 8.1 I had the disk in to move some old photos that I wanted to save to my new Hardrives. After the computer booted in windows 8.1 I turned off the computer and pulled the hardrive returning the PC to Windows 10.

But now I crash whenever I try to play anything.

I've tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work.

Things I've tried

Updating drivers including video was unable to find/do anything with watchdog drivers

disabling fast Boot and Hybrid sleep

Error checking the C: disk

Command prompt CHKDSK C: /F /R

I think it might also be the power supply but I'm unsure.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Alex H.S, Jan 11, 2021

2. i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Computer crashes while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how frustrating it can be when the PC crashes while playing games. I certainly appreciate your efforts taken towards resolving the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to run a game?
    4. Does the PC crashes only while playing games?
    5. Do you receive any stop code or error message when the PC crashes?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

In addition, you can check if Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date
    and see if that helps.

If you receive a Blue Screen error, please share the dump files with us in order to assist you further. I have sent a private message to you, please share the dump files through the message.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 11, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Crashes whenever I play a game. - Similar Threads - Computer Crashes whenever

2. PC Crashing whenever i play high graphic games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing whenever i play high graphic games: My PC reboots and sometimes freezes several seconds and reboots every time i play high graphic gamesi checked my event viewer and i found two Whea-Logger Errors BSODThe First One :Event 19 WHEA-LoggerA corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor...
  3. PC Crashing whenever i play high graphic games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing whenever i play high graphic games: My PC reboots and sometimes freezes several seconds and reboots every time i play high graphic gamesi checked my event viewer and i found two Whea-Logger Errors BSODThe First One :Event 19 WHEA-LoggerA corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor...
  4. PC Crashing whenever i play high graphic games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.: Recently rolled back a graphics driver. I went through the proper way to uninstall and reinstall the old one for stability issues, and now my computer keeps crashing. I did the same thing now that there is a better driver and still have the same problem. I am unsure of what...
  6. Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps crashing whenever I play games.: Recently rolled back a graphics driver. I went through the proper way to uninstall and reinstall the old one for stability issues, and now my computer keeps crashing. I did the same thing now that there is a better driver and still have the same problem. I am unsure of what...
  7. BSOD Whenever not playing games.

BSOD Whenever not playing games.: I started getting frequent crashed a couple weeks ago. The odd thing was it was only when I wasn't gaming so when I was doing homework or work on google it would randomly crash. I scanned hard drive and memory, stress tested the CPU made sure all my drivers were up to date. I...
  8. BSOD Whenever Playing Games

BSOD Whenever Playing Games: Whenever I am playing games sometimes my PC will BSOD. I get a couple different types of errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED just to name a few. I've had this issue for years but it used to happen very infrequently but now it will happen on...
  9. Computer crashing whenever I play games

Computer crashing whenever I play games: Hello, I just recently got a PC but I am having some problems where I keep crashing and freezing whenever I am playing games. This has been happening since day 1 of me having my computer. If someone is willing to help me diagnose and troubleshoot a problem I would really...
  10. Computer crashes anytime I play a game

Computer crashes anytime I play a game: Anytime I play a game for more then five minutes my computer crashes due to a bugcheck. No I haven't overclocked anything and there is no overheating going on. Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffffffffffffd0,...