Windows 10: Computer crashes while asleep

Discus and support Computer crashes while asleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Am_619, May 11, 2022.

1. Am_619 Win User

Computer crashes while asleep

When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't saved-Fn Lock has been disabled-Screen is at full brightnessEdit: I'm thinking this might be because of automatic updates. I could see updates in the settings app with the option to do them and I thought I could choose to do them. However as the update ! icon has disappeared it seems that it has updated overnight. It seems impr

:)

Am_619, May 11, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 11, 2022
  3. Computer Won't Stay Asleep

Hi,

Computer won't stay asleep due to countless culprits: an accidental swipe of the mouse, a scheduled system task, and any number of other weird settings that reside in Windows' power options. To fix the issue, you may disable the Ethernet adapter's so that system
    may stay asleep. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.

2. Click the plus next to Network adapters, then find the Ethernet adapter for your system.

3. Right-click the adapter name and choose Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab, then clear the checkbox next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

5. Click OK, then restart the computer.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, May 11, 2022
  4. Computer crashes while asleep

Computer falling asleep

Everytime i log onto my compuyer (windows 10 desktop) it shows the desktop background, loads up the files, then falls asleep. This is really annoying beciase i have been having another issue for a few months that makes it so i have to turn off my computer
    and turn it back on whenever it falls asleep. How do i make it stop falling asleep manually?

drew-saladifier, May 11, 2022
Thema:

Computer crashes while asleep

1. Computer crashes while asleep - Similar Threads - Computer crashes while

2. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  3. Why does my computer restart while asleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer restart while asleep?: For the last month or so sometimes when my computer is asleep it will have restarted and the programs I had open will not be open due to the restart. I'm not sure what's causing this issue and would greatly appreciate any help....
  4. Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep: Hi, Hope your doing good, Following the last Linus video on the issues : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKKcd3sx2c I wanted to know if Microsoft plan some support and refund on any break part that could have occur internally on a system due to this mistake. We all know once...
  5. Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep

Windows problem with computer heating up while asleep: Hi, Hope your doing good, Following the last Linus video on the issues : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKKcd3sx2c I wanted to know if Microsoft plan some support and refund on any break part that could have occur internally on a system due to this mistake. We all know once...
  6. Computer crashes while asleep

Computer crashes while asleep: When I wake up the computer after a long sleep overnight, for example, it sometimes opens such that:-Chrome has been closed-Most edge tabs have been closed-All open Notepad files have been replaced by Unnamed files-All Word files have been closed, even if they weren't...
  7. Fan turns on while computer is asleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan turns on while computer is asleep or shutdown: I have an HP Envy 15 and the computer fan starts running while the computer is just sitting there idle. I haven't connected any external mouse so the problem is not a key being pressed or the mouse moved. Every time I have to force shutdown by pressing the power button to...
  8. Suppressing notification banners while computer is asleep?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suppressing notification banners while computer is asleep?: My personal laptop and my work laptop both run on Windows 10. However, when my personal laptop is asleep, notification banners are somehow suppressed, such that when I wake it from sleep they don't ever appear they just stay in the notification center. This is the behavior I...
  9. Backup while PC asleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup while PC asleep: I have scheduled my PC, running Windows 10, to backup to an external hard disk at 2am. As I am sure you know, having read so many complaints on different websites, this doesn't work because the PC is in sleep mode and doesn't wake up to perform the task. The result is...
  10. My computer is asleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is asleep.: I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343