Windows 10: Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

Discus and support Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlairG, Jul 24, 2022.

1. AlairG Win User

Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It currently crashes a few maybe 2 or 3 minutes after startup, but curiously only after signing in or running an onboard diagnostic there’s no issue when I just leave it on the sign in page. I have cleaned the inside of the computer of all the dust and all the fans seem to be working correctly and the heat doesn’t seem to be higher than it should be.The event log doesn’t show any error, just a power off.Both of my graphics card nvidia Quadro 600 fa

:)

AlairG, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 24, 2022
  3. Computer not closing, crashing every other minute

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as the system crashes/ does not closes. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• When exactly does the system crashes?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system crashes?
    • Does the system crashes while accessing any specific application/ program?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 2: Boot the device in Safe mode with Networking and perform Clean boot if the issue persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking, access File Explorer and check if the issue persists.

This will let us know if there are any Windows System files causing this issue as Safe mode will boot with minimal set of drivers and not all services will be enabled.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists in Safe mode,

Step 2: I suggest you to perform Clean boot
    to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 24, 2022
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup - Similar Threads - Computer Crashing few

2. Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation: This issue has been bugging me for a while now. It happens randomly but mostly when I'm browsing. PC would go into a "frozen" state for a few minutes before DPC watchdog violation blue screen appears. Again, it happens randomly, sometimes 2-3 times in a row, then it's fine...
  3. Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation: This issue has been bugging me for a while now. It happens randomly but mostly when I'm browsing. PC would go into a "frozen" state for a few minutes before DPC watchdog violation blue screen appears. Again, it happens randomly, sometimes 2-3 times in a row, then it's fine...
  4. Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup: Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It currently crashes a few maybe 2 or 3 minutes after startup, but curiously only after signing in or running an onboard diagnostic...
  6. Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Crashing a few minutes after startup: Hey guys,Yesterday I began having a problem with my computer, a Dell Precision T7500 N-Series Tower Workstation from 2012 running windows 10. It currently crashes a few maybe 2 or 3 minutes after startup, but curiously only after signing in or running an onboard diagnostic...
  7. Windows crashing every morning after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing every morning after a few minutes: This has started happening since last 1 week. I don't recollect installing any new programs that could have initiated this. After starting my PC for the first time in the day, it keeps crashing after a few minutes. Sometimes, it happens multiple times in a day within few...
  8. Windows crashing every morning after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing every morning after a few minutes: This has started happening since last 1 week. I don't recollect installing any new programs that could have initiated this. After starting my PC for the first time in the day, it keeps crashing after a few minutes. Sometimes, it happens multiple times in a day within few...
  9. PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep: Recently rebuilt my PC with new CPU/mobo/ram/storage and a fresh install of W10. Everything seems fine except after the system sleeps it also shutdown/crashes within a few minutes. event viewer shows:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e...
  10. Bluescreen after a few minutes of first startup of the day

Bluescreen after a few minutes of first startup of the day: Help please, evertime i open my pc for the first time each day it always crash after a few minutes after booting up... Here is the minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsoaxkmekTUpgQwq0u-It52KjmAH?e=jjLkKg...