Windows 10: Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

Discus and support Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karenelisa, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

I put my computer in sleep mode quite often and have never had a problem. But for the past couple of days, my computer crashes blue screen with a windows stop code when I put it to sleep. It doesn't happen the first time I put it to sleep -- only the second time?!? I've tried running power troubleshooters and uninstalling recent Windows updates, but it doesn't help. I'm on Windows 10 on a Dell AIO desktop. At the same time I started losing my wifi internet connection on occasion, though I'm not sure this is related.

:)

karenelisa, Jun 19, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 19, 2021
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode

1. Computer crashing after being put in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer crashing being

2. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly: I have been having a persistent issue with my PC restarting randomly while in sleep mode. I have shut off the network adapter in power management settings to stop my network connection from rebooting randomly during the night. Over the past few days my computer now will...
  3. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  4. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing when put to sleep: Hi,Minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pdz2u69zg3amjv/121022-69343-01.zip?dl=0Computer occasionally crashes for no reason, but recently always when asleep.Motherboard: H110M-ACPU: Intel i5-6500Windows 10 Home 64bitPlease let me know if I can provide any other...
  5. Computer crashing when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  7. Computer restarts after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after being put to sleep.: Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my laptop running Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer to sleep (either via the start menu, low battery or by pressing the 'power' button which I've set to put the computer to sleep), often when I go to wake the computer it will...
  8. Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.: When I put my computer into sleep mode, it will shut down and a few seconds later will click on and wake back up without me initiating anything. It will stay running for a bit, go off into sleep mode, then a few seconds later will click and come back awake. I’m not sure if...
  9. Opening files after putting computer on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening files after putting computer on sleep mode: After putting my computer on sleep mode and waking it up, I can no longer open certain files unless I restart my computer. Specifically videos using VLC Media Player. I click open many times and nothing comes up. This is also the case with a few games and the program...
  10. Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes When Put to Sleep: I press Windows key, Power, and then Sleep. The display immediately turns off but my keyboard and mouse stay lit up, after about 1 minute the computer shuts down. When I go to turn the computer back on it goes through the boot up process. This problem only started happening...